Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

8 week old S60 - electrical problem not covered by warranty

Views : 11199

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 24th, 2019, 09:41   #71
crashbarrier

I've read this whole thread and have been a bit non-plussed by some of your comments soupytwister. It's a brand new car that does not belong to you, that you have more or less been accused of tampering with? If not you then it has to be one of the dealers who have touched it along the way (I doubt very much that the lease company ever possessed it or even saw a photo of it) But you don't want to involve the owner of the car i.e. the lease company? Strange in my opinion but that is just my personal view. If this carries on and Volvo sticks to the no warranty cover line then you will be forced to contact the owner and their first question will be "Why are we only just now hearing about this?".

Personally, if I had been in the dealer as they told me there was no warranty cover I would have taken a deep breath, calmly asked them to repeat the statement and their reasons, and then gone postal on them. I would have certainly demanded to see the General Manager and not moved until I did. And don't be palmed off with the Service Manager, Sales Manager, Business Manager, etc. I may be making a similar request to see the GM when I stroll into my BMW dealer tomorrow due to their crapiness.
Old Nov 24th, 2019, 11:04   #72
big square car

Yes, I think I would have told the leasing company first. Also they probably would have had a lot more clout with Volvo than an individual.
big square car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2019, 12:32   #73
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big square car View Post
Yes, I think I would have told the leasing company first. Also they probably would have had a lot more clout with Volvo than an individual.
These are points that have been made by myself and others earlier in the thread. OP is following his own path.
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2019, 12:59   #74
soupytwister
Master Member

I've already contacted the lease company - I'll update with how it goes. I don't really expect to jump at the lease company every time the car needs a repair - I gave the dealer a reasonable amount of time to sort it through the normal processes. It's longer than reasonable now, so have taken it further.

Would you really contact the lease company the instant you take it in for a warranty repair? Don't think necessary really.

Last edited by soupytwister; Nov 24th, 2019 at 13:01.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2019, 13:40   #75
crashbarrier

Soupytwister, apologies, and I may have completely misunderstood this thread, but I thought the 'work' that needs to be done is NOT covered by your warranty and therefore by definition is non-warranty work. As soon as they said that, along with the suggestion that someone tampered with the car, I would have been straight on to the owner of the car. Unless, of course, you intend paying for this work yourself in which case I understand the lack of necessity, and haste, to contact the owner.
Old Nov 24th, 2019, 13:44   #76
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbarrier View Post
Soupytwister, apologies, and I may have completely misunderstood this thread, but I thought the 'work' that needs to be done is NOT covered by your warranty and therefore by definition is non-warranty work. As soon as they said that, along with the suggestion that someone tampered with the car, I would have been straight on to the owner of the car. Unless, of course, you intend paying for this work yourself in which case I understand the lack of necessity, and haste, to contact the owner.
No need for any apology. In the first instance, I'm still not clear what "work" has to be done! They haven't found anything to fix as yet as per my last conversation with the dealer on Friday. They're still investigating and going back and forth with Volvo Technical. I have stated to them already that I won't be paying for any investigation. I have informed the lease company to this effect as well. Given the investigation is continuing, I am assuming it is not being done at my cost.

I don't intend to pay anything for any investigation or repair. We'll see what tomorrow brings with both lease company and dealer.
Old Nov 24th, 2019, 13:46   #77
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbarrier View Post
I agree. As soon as the OP clarified that it was owned by the lease company, and in the light of what appears on the face of it, the manufacturer failing to live up to its warranty obligations, that has been the advice.
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2019, 13:51   #78
crashbarrier

Soupytwister, I hope that you hear that you're on your way to a happy resolution tomorrow.
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 21:28   #79
soupytwister
Master Member

Just by way of an update, I was informed a week or so ago that it has a wiring loom issue and awaiting parts to come from Sweden which will take another week.

Still to find out why the car seems to have been out on a few jaunts in the last week including 2 x 8 mile trips today - ramped up 50 miles since I handed it over!! Perhaps the part has arrived and road testing. Will phone and enquire tomorrow.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soupytwister For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 09:42   #80
soupytwister
Master Member

The car is now ready for pickup! Must have been road testing yesterday.