Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Disabled Section

Notices

Disabled Section Section for disabled users.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DLA and PIP

Views : 14952

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 00:39   #21
Gazzza
Senior Member
 
Gazzza's Avatar
 

Last Online: Apr 27th, 2021 11:17
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leicester
Default

yea Mike that's the problem ....

I have all the records and MRI scans along with X- Ray along with a Dr who is a spinal surgeon...
Who spent years at collage for his profession and I lost all mine to a ACAS pen pusher who knows more than a qualified Dr .. thats the problem we are up against

I have all the proof but its still no good so I /we lose out that's how bad it is but low and be hold the immigrants who paid nothing into the system can have it ... this is where the struggle comes in and thats why people on DLA ..PIP are voting ukip nothing more just so we get our rights back ..sad to say but its true ..
__________________
D5 2003 V90 XC AWD 2.4T3

Last edited by Gazzza; Mar 22nd, 2017 at 00:43.
Gazzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 02:58   #22
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team
 
cumbrianmale's Avatar
 

Last Online: Feb 28th, 2024 21:53
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Deep in Makem territory
Default

Mike 700

Many years ago when it was still Invalidity Benefit the Mrs had one of the capability assessments done by ATOS or whoever were their predecessors. Lo and behold she is fit for work, ironically the letter came the same week she was in hospital having more surgery. Appeal logged 50 week wait and the judge slammed the DSS and there assessor and reinstated her benefit backdated to the day they signed her off. The kids had to do without and we ran up further debts just keeping our head above water for the year and it took us a good while to get back on our feet as it were.

Her CPN has already said they will give us evidence to submit with her claim when it comes and they have a welfare rights adviser who will assist with completing the forms. She was originally to be transitioned over to PIP in, the last group on an indefinite award, 2016 but given Gov't efficiencies it is now targeted for 2018. Once bitten twice shy and all that.

Gazzza

Immigrants have nothing to do with it. It's inept Gov't and their corrupt servants in the form of ATOS.
__________________
Current
04 S80 D5 SE Auto
03 S80 D5 SE Man


Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
cumbrianmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 13:42   #23
Gazzza
Senior Member
 
Gazzza's Avatar
 

Last Online: Apr 27th, 2021 11:17
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leicester
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
Mike 700

Gazzza

Immigrants have nothing to do with it. It's inept Gov't and their corrupt servants in the form of ATOS.
Yea they do because at mates work there immigrants claim for kids back home ( tesco )...they aint got any kids back home as he found out but the money comes from our benefits so we go with out... this is how it works we pay into it and they not paid into the system but still claim our benefit money.
So yes immigrants HAVE A LOT to do with it do not get mislead like you have...
Because our money which is stoped goes where ? and the immigrants claim there money comes from where ... Donald trump ?
No it comes from OUR benefits that I and others have LOST we cant claim trust me there is many people who have looked into this and this is how it works ...
__________________
D5 2003 V90 XC AWD 2.4T3

Last edited by Gazzza; Mar 22nd, 2017 at 13:54.
Gazzza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gazzza For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 20:37   #24
Mike 700
Premier Member
 
Mike 700's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 05:03
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Royal County of Berkshire
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
Mike 700

Many years ago when it was still Invalidity Benefit the Mrs had one of the capability assessments done by ATOS or whoever were their predecessors. Lo and behold she is fit for work, ironically the letter came the same week she was in hospital having more surgery. Appeal logged 50 week wait and the judge slammed the DSS and there assessor and reinstated her benefit backdated to the day they signed her off. The kids had to do without and we ran up further debts just keeping our head above water for the year and it took us a good while to get back on our feet as it were.

Her CPN has already said they will give us evidence to submit with her claim when it comes and they have a welfare rights adviser who will assist with completing the forms. She was originally to be transitioned over to PIP in, the last group on an indefinite award, 2016 but given Gov't efficiencies it is now targeted for 2018. Once bitten twice shy and all that.

Gazzza

Immigrants have nothing to do with it. It's inept Gov't and their corrupt servants in the form of ATOS.



Disgraceful that she/you had that amount of time to wait for a judgement, not just financially, but health wise, so your reluctance to take the initiative is fully understood!

Unfortunately the dreaded day will come again , and frankly, 'preparation is everything' !

The problem with assessments by amateurs ( the recently trained ) is that they appear to be conducting these assessments on the basis that everyone is a 'benefits cheat ' until proven otherwise ( guilty until proven innocent ) and that of course comes straight from their training, or lack of it, and you can safely bet that they carry out 'role playing' Exercises during this training on this very basis - it's like ' the answer is no, now, what's the question'?
__________________
__________________________________________
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 22nd, 2017, 20:40   #25
Mike 700
Premier Member
 
Mike 700's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 05:03
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Royal County of Berkshire
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzza View Post
yea Mike that's the problem ....

I have all the records and MRI scans along with X- Ray along with a Dr who is a spinal surgeon...
Who spent years at collage for his profession and I lost all mine to a ACAS pen pusher who knows more than a qualified Dr .. thats the problem we are up against
See my reply about amateurs.

Regards,
__________________
__________________________________________
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 17:50   #26
Gazzza
Senior Member
 
Gazzza's Avatar
 

Last Online: Apr 27th, 2021 11:17
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leicester
Default

My judgment took 18 months with NO MONEY and at the hearing said no ....wow thanks for that ...now had to cash in my retirement money to live on
__________________
D5 2003 V90 XC AWD 2.4T3
Gazzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 18:08   #27
Mike 700
Premier Member
 
Mike 700's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 05:03
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Royal County of Berkshire
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzza View Post
My judgment took 18 months with NO MONEY and at the hearing said no ....wow thanks for that ...now had to cash in my retirement money to live on
Very sorry to hear that - is there a right of appeal?


Regards
__________________
__________________________________________
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2017, 13:14   #28
Gazzza
Senior Member
 
Gazzza's Avatar
 

Last Online: Apr 27th, 2021 11:17
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leicester
Default

That was THE APPEAL Mike.... walked in not even a chance to sit down ...one person stood up did the shouting to intimidate my social worker and it worked she went out ... i was in a bad way at the time so just followed her and she said that's it ...and off she went ... GUTTED
__________________
D5 2003 V90 XC AWD 2.4T3
Gazzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2017, 00:32   #29
Mike 700
Premier Member
 
Mike 700's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 05:03
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Royal County of Berkshire
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzza View Post
That was THE APPEAL Mike.... walked in not even a chance to sit down ...one person stood up did the shouting to intimidate my social worker and it worked she went out ... i was in a bad way at the time so just followed her and she said that's it ...and off she went ... GUTTED
There is plenty of money sloshing about in the system, enough to give all genuine disability claimants a decent allowance whether DLA or PiP - some 41 billion , that's 41,000,000,000, but it is not all going to the needy, and thereby lies the problem, not the funding!

As I said in an earlier post, it takes a brave Government to tackle this problem area, because they are damned if they do, and equally damned if they don't, but it must be tackled and replaced with a much fairer system that only the genuinely needy can access, without the trauma of a long wait and an eventual court hearing - a GP and 'specialist' report must be enough, surely?

Following my redundancy from the "banking world' - thank you Mr. Brown, I became a Director of a Credit Union, where I met 'face to face' hundreds of DLA recipients, and from this hands on experience , I know that many were claiming yet had absolutely nothing wrong with them..

How many billions are spent on false claims and claimants I wonder -even a 10% saving , which would be around 4 Billion, could I guess, satisfy all genuine clalims.
__________________
__________________________________________
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2017, 08:28   #30
Gazzza
Senior Member
 
Gazzza's Avatar
 

Last Online: Apr 27th, 2021 11:17
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leicester
Default

I just dont understand it Mike I have X-Rays ...Mri scans...
..

And as of yesterdays visit to my Dr's....Now being told I got the start of Arthritis on lower spine ...

But i cant do a dam thing about it because no one will listen ...ok rant over back to normal world ...now where did I put the Bacardi and coke
__________________
D5 2003 V90 XC AWD 2.4T3
Gazzza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gazzza For This Useful Post:
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:06.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.