Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rights Guys Who Can Help On Wireing A 850 Dionostic Plug Up

Views : 4041

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 31st, 2006, 18:45   #1
powernut
Premier Member

Exclamation Rights Guys Who Can Help On Wireing A 850 Dionostic Plug Up

As My Volvo Lump Starts Runs Ok ,but Many People Are Telling Me With The Rica 304 Ecu Should Go Very Well, Anyway Ive The Engine Dionostic Plug. (one Thats In The Engine Bay With The Led On It) Off A 850 T5 Mreg,) And Also I Have The Ecu Wireing Out Here? Scatching My Head,as Im Unsure Which Wires Join Were?? As Ive Got To Get My Engine Runing Better Can U Help?or A Daigram Or Something
powernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 19:16   #2
Engineer
Rubbing son is racing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by powernut View Post
As My Volvo Lump Starts Runs Ok ,but Many People Are Telling Me With The Rica 304 Ecu Should Go Very Well, Anyway Ive The Engine Dionostic Plug. (one Thats In The Engine Bay With The Led On It) Off A 850 T5 Mreg,) And Also I Have The Ecu Wireing Out Here? Scatching My Head,as Im Unsure Which Wires Join Were?? As Ive Got To Get My Engine Runing Better Can U Help?or A Daigram Or Something
Hi mate, Adam gave you some good advice on the VPCUK site and this link might help also, remember what you have there is a one off and us guys have no idea how you have it wired set up etc.

http://www.volvotechinfo.com/WD123/
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 19:44   #3
powernut
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
Hi mate, Adam gave you some good advice on the VPCUK site and this link might help also, remember what you have there is a one off and us guys have no idea how you have it wired set up etc.

http://www.volvotechinfo.com/WD123/
ILL HAVE A LOOK NA BASICLY IT WIRED UP THE SAME AS ANY T5 THOW THE ECU ,JUST NO IMOBILZER OR CAT THE REST IS THERE WIRED THE SAME ,CHECKED LOADS OF STUFF SORTED A FEW BITS OUT I THOUGHT IF I CAN GET THIS PLUG WIRED UP ADAM MAYBE ABLE TO CHECK IT OUT?AND HOPE THERES AFAULT SOMETHERE
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 20:33   #4
powernut
Premier Member

Right Im Looking On A Big Volvo Pdf File Here Any Ideas Of What Its Called On The Daigram So I Can Maybe Follow The Wires?as Theres Nothing Listerd As A Dienostic Plug ?
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 07:20   #5
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

hi andy, morning...
the wire from the ecu to diagnostic socket A, socket number 2 should be yellow and brown....
you will also need to create a earth via socket number 8 colour black i would expect...
all the best
jod
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 10:42   #6
powernut
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jod t5 View Post
hi andy, morning...
the wire from the ecu to diagnostic socket A, socket number 2 should be yellow and brown....
you will also need to create a earth via socket number 8 colour black i would expect...
all the best
jod
COOL JOD SO WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE PLUG WIRES? ILL GO GET A FEW PICS JOD ,BACK IN A BIT
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 13:47   #7
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
COOL JOD SO WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE PLUG WIRES? ILL GO GET A FEW PICS JOD ,BACK IN A BIT
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING ANDY....lol

1 blue-autobox
2 yellow brown-ecu
3 brown white-abs
4 red light....yellow violet-posi in
5 button.....
6....blue white-elec ignition (not app to you)
7 yellow green-instruments
8 black-earth...
provided wires 2-4-8 are connected i recon you will get a reading off the ecu.....
cheers
jod
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 18:25   #8
powernut
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jod t5 View Post
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING ANDY....lol

1 blue-autobox
2 yellow brown-ecu
3 brown white-abs
4 red light....yellow violet-posi in
5 button.....
6....blue white-elec ignition (not app to you)
7 yellow green-instruments
8 black-earth...
provided wires 2-4-8 are connected i recon you will get a reading off the ecu.....
cheers
jod
LOL jod ur a top man on this forium for this massive help on the wireing ,(miss placed the dam plug at mo, are these the wires numberd from the ecu or the dionostic plug numbers?(as 1 ill not need no autobox/and 6 not needed)
so i just need to join 2/4/8 as u said from the ecu to my dionostic if this makes sence 2u?
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 18:34   #9
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
LOL jod ur a top man on this forium for this massive help on the wireing ,(miss placed the dam plug at mo, are these the wires numberd from the ecu or the dionostic plug numbers?(as 1 ill not need no autobox/and 6 not needed)
so i just need to join 2/4/8 as u said from the ecu to my dionostic if this makes sence 2u?
yes thats right andy..i cant see why not......if the plug is missing connect an extension from the + (yellow/violet) in (socket 4) into socket 2 for a second , then remove...ignore the button..this should get things moving....i think..the only thing i an unsure of is if when the button is releases it carries the - pulse from the ecu back to the light...im thinking.....
the diagnostic plug is numbered see this....http://www.volvospeed.com/CheckEngine.php

cheers
jod

Last edited by Jod T5; Nov 1st, 2006 at 19:01.
Jod T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 19:19   #10
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

i have another theory if this dont work mate....
cheers
jod