Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

won,t start when hot

Views : 869

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 6th, 2010, 19:29   #11
scooter79

on a previous car i found the cold start valve was the problem it was the same as yourself sounds ironic cold start (won't start when cold) but a mechanic friend changed mine and worked perfect ever since
scooter79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 19:30   #12
Jaymz
N3RD

wasnt the hot start vale it was the starter

1997 V70 2.5 20v CD 170bhp called eVolvobot
Showroom Thread || Project Thread || Volvo artwork thread
Jaymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2010, 19:31   #13
Jaymz
N3RD

Well i've had a most active day! took the kids to school in the car as it starts when cold, popped into local stealership to seek advice, whereupon car gets turned off!! and wont go again.

Order the new starter as it's determined that is the cause, they cant get it until afternoon delivery at 1pm, so i walk the 2 miles home from the volvo garage

at 1pm the factors call to say it has arrived, so i jump on my bike with a rucksack and cycle 3.5 miles [5.5miles so far] to the factors to get the starter, then a further 2.5 miles [8 miles so far] back to the volvo garage, with a very heavy starter motor on my back, in the vain hope it's cooled and will start just one more time to get it home and fit the starter on the drive where all the tools are.
Of course it doesn't start.

So back on the bike and 2 more miles [10 miles so far] home to get a socket set a torx set and a few other just in case tools, weighing in at around 3 stone i reckon, and back on the bike 2 miles [12 miles now!!!] back to the volvo garage where the car is having a nice rest in the then sun!

1 hours blood sweat and tears and most of the airbox and big loom accross the front of the engine off to get at the bloody bolts, couldnt move the damn bottom hose though, how i didnt split it i'll never know, all the while being watched by the entire staff of the volvo garage, finally its on, put everything back where it should be, re connected the battery and bam starts first time just as the heavens open

I would like to thank this socket [currently half price at halfords!!!] for doing a sterling job of the bolts with its feeble little 3/8 drive, good work little fella

and this, for making my 10 miles of riding all the more fun

1997 V70 2.5 20v CD 170bhp called eVolvobot
Showroom Thread || Project Thread || Volvo artwork thread
Jaymz is offline   Reply With Quote