Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Faulty Volvos

Views : 20664

Replies : 132

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 30th, 2009, 23:21   #131
4wheeldriver
Master Member

JOhn

Well so far its beat the Volvo by 5 weeks without breaking!! (touch wood) Xc made it to 3 days before summat broke
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 15:20   #132
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Well the RRS made it to 6 months then fell to bits!!!!! Sat at the dealership for nearly 3 months while they tried to fix it. They eventually were "fairly confident" they'd fixed it but by that time I'd had enough but unlike VCUK and the dealership I bought it from they were quite happy to buy back off me along with a letter from LR offering me 2k off any new LR product for the next year or a free servicing deal if I buy a used product. Cant really fault they way they've tried to keep my custom and help with the problems but I've gone back to BMW for now in an X5 3.0sd se with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

At least LR showed an interest in trying to keep me as a customer which is a lot more than VCUK with their "give a sh*t" attitude to customer care.

BMW were brilliant on purchasing from them. Only hiccough was whoever went to tax the vehicle stiffed me by a month so they gave me a full tank of fuel (90 quids worth) to compensate me and a complimentary oil top up and windscreen service pack. So far its done 6000 miles and the only problem has been a faulty key on the comfort access that was replaced the next day and an hour waiting for it to be programmed to the car but if thats the worst that happens I can live with it!!

The C30 has gone now also and replaced with a Mini Clubman 1.6 petrol and its lower emissions and better fuel economy than the diesel c30 was.

Maybe not quite so many toys but at least theres less for the electric gremlins to work on!!! lol

Cheers

4WD
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 16:30   #133
andy_d
Premier Member

what i find amazing about the whole story is the attitude of "stall /stall/ ignore/ wash hands and keep doing it untill the customer just goes away" , from the dealer, vcuk and volvo HQ.

im used to that service mode from a certain american car company,, found on road dead.
But from a premium brand like Volvo it is just disgusting.

add to that the part where when it gets to court, they use there millions to again stall/stall/ waste time in the hope that the customer runs out of money and goes away.

Lets hope that the BWM behaves a lot better than the LR ,mind you i dont think it could be worse than the volvo.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post: