Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Owners Club's 2006 National Rally

Views : 2646

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2006, 18:34   #1
karlmalberg

Default Volvo Owners Club's 2006 National Rally

1800 and Amazon pictures from Volvo Owners Club's 2006 National Rally
and Best Kept Volvo Competition, Lyndon Top, UK 18th June 2006 in
http://www.volvop1800club.se/eng/index.htm

karl eric
http://volvo1800pictures.com
karlmalberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 09:59   #2
222s
Amazoniste

Great pics Karl!!! wish I'd been there but couldn't make it this year - hopefully next year though.

Also good to see that there was an Amazon entered in the BKV that is scruffier than mine

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 10:12   #3
general_joe

That Amazon really made it for me. There's everyone else's clean, tidy, near concours Amazon, and there's this bloke who obviously uses his every day sat right in the middle. Working car, and then some.

It remonded me of the battle-damaged X-wings in Star Wars, in an odd way.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 10:44   #4
Ray_T
Ray T

I enjoyed the rally, we spent a small fortune on the missus V70! I was surprised that some folks who entered the BKV had spent so little time prepping their cars. There were actually some better examples in the main car park. This has given me encouragement to enter my S40 next year - it would have to be in the modded section though, as my car is used for track days as well as being my daily runner and is definately not standard! Scott was that your maroon V40 in the car park?

Last edited by Ray_T; Jun 19th, 2006 at 10:47.
Ray_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 11:04   #5
ivor940
Master Member

Hi, I thought the blue Amazon Estate SNP 393F was beautiful.

ivor940
ivor940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 11:18   #6
GorgeousGeorge
Bostin !!!

hiya all

ray, yeah that was mine mate. saw yours and have to say looks very subtle, and those alloys set it off a treat.

were you admiring my newly acquired "dings" in the bonnet

yep, that storn that hit coventry lasty week did shed loads of damage to cars at work.

worst of was a grover 45... the roof looks like a golf ball....

anyway i'm waffling, was a great day although the rest of the family wanted to leave sooner than expected to go and see their nan

later

scott
GorgeousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 12:26   #7
222s
Amazoniste

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_joe
That Amazon really made it for me. There's everyone else's clean, tidy, near concours Amazon, and there's this bloke who obviously uses his every day sat right in the middle. Working car, and then some.

It remonded me of the battle-damaged X-wings in Star Wars, in an odd way.
To me, that car is much more interesting than the shiny ones (imho Amazon's aren't supposed to be shiny!!!!!) but then I drive the estate equivalent, in dark blue & with manky (rust / duct tape) rear wheel arches instead of the peeling paint

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 15:26   #8
Wentworth
VOC Member

Red face Learning by Experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_T
I enjoyed the rally, we spent a small fortune on the missus V70! I was surprised that some folks who entered the BKV had spent so little time prepping their cars. There were actually some better examples in the main car park. This has given me encouragement to enter my S40 next year - it would have to be in the modded section though, as my car is used for track days as well as being my daily runner and is definately not standard! Scott was that your maroon V40 in the car park?

V True.... I entered mine for "fun" and I really shouldn't have done... she was covered in sap from the lovely tree I parked under the night before and a collection of dead flies on the front. Ah well... shes a working family car after all! On the other hand I got one of those nice little plaques....

I'll know for next time though.

Cheers,
Paul.
1997 V90 B6304 sold @ 116k
1993 945 B200FT retired @ 206k
Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 15:59   #9
222s
Amazoniste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_T
I was surprised that some folks who entered the BKV had spent so little time prepping their cars. There were actually some better examples in the main car park.
The thing is that if you don't enter the BKV, your car ends up in the main car park* - unlike every other car club national rally that I've been to, there isn't a category for 'I just want to display my car'. As a result, if I go next year I'll be entering my heap in the BKV, even though I expect the judges to walk straight past it....

*If it's not a Volvo, then fair enough, but as it's the VOC national rally, shouldn't every Volvo there be on display?

Old Jun 19th, 2006, 18:08   #10
Ray_T
Ray T

Scott, I got 1/2 doz dents in the bonnet after that storm but funnily enough none in the roof or boot. Sorry this is getting off topic! I am actually pleased that on the whole the BKV is treated as fun. I believe that cars are made to be driven not kept in a garage for high days and holidays - just my humble oponion. I actually thought that Amazon was fantastic!
Ray_T is offline   Reply With Quote