Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 leaking in boot compartment

Views : 2970

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2016, 19:29   #11
phil1968
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparman View Post
My boot gets soaked everytime I open it in wet weather. The rain water simply drips into the boot on either side when boot is fully opened
Yep, same here, seems to be a bit of a design fault TBH

2008 C70 D5 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
phil1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 11:25   #12
GordonPS

Default boot getting wet

My C70 06 reg had same problem, Volvo dealership fixed problem under warranty, was a common fault
GordonPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2016, 23:06   #13
bluemooncolin
I've Been Banned

Smile

my boot has always leaked water in i gave in trying to locate where it was coming from and instead used 2 socks and put cat litter in them and it soaked all the water up and kept boot dry
bluemooncolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 22:25   #14
PELLISTONE

Unhappy

Hi
I am also having a problem with water in the boot - it is not coming in from the top - all seals etc are bone dry. The first time it happened I thought that a bottle of water had leaked. I dried it up and put in a tray over the wet patch with a cloth in it to see exactly where it is dripping from but no water dripped into it.
Next time, I dried the wet patch and turned a high pressure hose on the car but the interior stayed completely dry.

Water is pooling around the rear near side lashing point and seems to be coming up from below. Being a C70, there is no rear wash/wipe to have leaked.

Water has appeared when it hasn't rained for days. The water is clean.
The car hasn't moved for a few days but it rained yesterday and it has happened again.
When I can get hold of some tools I will take out the boot lining and have a look.
All I can think of (having read the other posts) is that a drain to the wheel arch is blocked and water is backing up and coming in through a damaged drain plug.

Any ideas?
PELLISTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 22:35   #15
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Ridley View Post
Hello, has anyone else had a mysterious leak (rain water) in to the rear boot compartment of a C70 mk2 2008, i've noticed it on and off since I bought the car back in October 2013, I first thought it was coming from the rubber seal of the boot lid by the rear window but having regularly checked it's not leaking there, what does the team think

Regards Chris
Anyone with water in the boot really must get the roof hydraulic pump out of it's sponge jacket which soaks up water, The pump will be corroding away inside and out surrounded by wetness 24 hours a day ... about £1400 for a new roof pump ... drill a 3mm in the floor near the pump to drain away any water , whilst you fix the water leak ...
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 01:11   #16
Sysyphus

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil1968 View Post
Yep, same here, seems to be a bit of a design fault TBH
Yeah that ‘feature’ runs second only to the automatic hair-wash when entering or exiting....

I keep a small squeegee and a synthetic chamois drying towel under my seat in case I have to open the boot when it’s wet.
Sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote