Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 RTI/Speed Cameras.

Views : 47392

Replies : 136

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 12th, 2011, 22:39   #21
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossedover View Post
Now that is interesting as my MY11.5 certainly does't have that option.

I was going to start a thread re Sensus bugs but if you would be so kind as to let us know what has been fixed in your update that would be useful.

Have you had the S/W upgraded?
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 08:15   #22
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Does any one know of a good download site for UK POI Camera sites in the above file format?
Try calling http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 09:51   #23
jimbg
Master Member

Update:

The speed camera database form Pocketgpsworld is available in CSV format for Garmin.

However there is a freeware program from http://garminpoi.co.uk/ under Tools & Links called "Garmin GPX Converter".

It can be downloaded here:- http://cbrom.myby.co.uk/3.html?submenu=2

All we need is a subscriber to the speed camera database to try it out!!

Offers anyone?
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbg For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 10:55   #24
scw

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossedover View Post
Now that is interesting as my MY11.5 certainly does't have that option.

I was going to start a thread re Sensus bugs but if you would be so kind as to let us know what has been fixed in your update that would be useful.
Off the top of my head:

1. Sensus crashes when using the remote control, resulting in frozen display and audio noise. Needs engine stopped, driver's door opened to recover.
2. MP3 track title not displayed when Satnav map shown, but only when playing MP3s from USB stick or iPod. Title does show up when playing MP3s from CD/DVD.
3. Displayed MP3 track details sometimes don't match what's actually playing.
4. Occasional crashes when panning around Satnav map using number keys.

Those are the bugs fixed by the update.

There's one other issue which I haven't tried to reproduce yet since the update and that's to do with using multiple USB Flash memory sticks via a USB hub (a supported configuration according to the manual). In this situation Sensus can forget which track/memory stick was last playing when you next restart the engine. It ends up playing from the beginning of a random memory stick. In the end, I just bought a bigger memory stick rather than relying on the hub solution.

Heads-up: If/when you do put the car in for this update, make sure to note down ALL your customised settings. The update will erase everything back to default for the entire system.
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 23:32   #25
ATLSOA

Default Which Sat Nav

I aam interested in details, bought XC70 Model year 12 map shows speed limits for road but have not heard alarm when passing speed camera.

How do you tell which Sat Nav you have, mine is built into centre console (not pop up)
ATLSOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 23:45   #26
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSOA View Post
I aam interested in details, bought XC70 Model year 12 map shows speed limits for road but have not heard alarm when passing speed camera.

How do you tell which Sat Nav you have, mine is built into centre console (not pop up)
the OP has a MY10 xc60. this uses sat nav s/w which has speed camera data. MY11.5 onwards doesn't have that, but appears to have some POI import function which would include speed camera data.

if the xc70 has followed a similar upgrade path to the xc60, and you have a MY12, it's unlikely you will have speed camera data but maybe able to import it. not sure if anyone has been brave enough to try out importing data yet though.
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 23:52   #27
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSOA View Post

The current MY12 Sat Nav's (Senus Pod) do not have Speed Cameras loaded but as you have found out they do show a "Speed Limit" sign for the road you are on.

In the last hour I have registered as a subscriber for £19.99/annum to http://www.pocketgpsworld.com and just have downloaded the current Speed Camera database chosing from the dropdown list of databases "Other - GPX" - this being in a format applicable to the Volvo NavTeq system.
I then simply unzipped the file & copied the 2 files (database & icon file) to a USB stick & uploaded via the "Import POI" option onto the cars hard drive.
I was then able to see an icon for all speed camera's on my Sat Nav screen - all very easy & simple
Hopefully tomorrow I will test it out & see if I get the choosen alarm sound when I approach a registered camera.
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 11:29   #28
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
In the last hour I have registered as a subscriber for £19.99/annum to http://www.pocketgpsworld.com and just have downloaded the current Speed Camera database chosing from the dropdown list of databases "Other - GPX" - this being in a format applicable to the Volvo NavTeq system.
I then simply unzipped the file & copied the 2 files (database & icon file) to a USB stick & uploaded via the "Import POI" option onto the cars hard drive.
I was then able to see an icon for all speed camera's on my Sat Nav screen - all very easy & simple
Hopefully tomorrow I will test it out & see if I get the choosen alarm sound when I approach a registered camera.
UPDATE
Just tested it out - as I was approaching a local fixed speed camera site I was alerted by an audible alarm so it appears to work. But as I turned arround & went back the audible alarm did not sound again - prehaps some built in option NOT to repeat the same camaera warning within a pre-termined time period?
Installation Tips.
1. Provided you have copied both the above files, then leave the "Icon" option blank on the senus installation routine.
2. You have the option of assigning one of four different sounds options - unfortuantly you do not have an option to listen 1st - but you can change it latter- see 3 below.
3. After installation you can "edit" the options or "delete" the whole file from the initial installation menu.
4. The pocketgpsworld download file can contain 2 databases if you ALSO selected the "include pMobile Files" - in which case just copy the 4 relevant files (.gpx & .bmp) to the USB. You will need to install each database individually.
5. If you find the Senus "Import POI's" option does NOT show your files, then try another type of USB stick - I found that the 1st one I used was not recognised.
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 13:22   #29
r-designbob
Premier Member

went to London yesterday and heard it for the first time. There was a camera click sound when approaching a camera but again no sound when I passed them.
Anyone else get this sound?
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 15:27   #30
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-designbob View Post
went to London yesterday and heard it for the first time. There was a camera click sound when approaching a camera but again no sound when I passed them.
Anyone else get this sound?
Yes

You have to enable 'Facilities Warning' to get it. You may also have noticed that the camera sign on the screen is orange is you are travelling faster than the camera setting.
The Following User Says Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post: