Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Radio Codes Please

Views : 283561

Replies : 334

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 15:07   #111
Rufe
TRADER

Just a quick note to anyone who is waiting for a code from me at present, but I apologise for not being as quick to reply as usual but I am literally inundated with enquiries and I am working through them all as quickly as possible.

I will reply to everyone as quickly as I can but I simply can not reply to everyone in the usual time. This is because of a number of factors out of my control, computer systems being down for over two weeks, people being off from our department at present, and simply being very busy here, etc

As Migrator says any dealer can do this, but if they decide to charge you then you should approach me for help, but at present you may get a faster reply trying locally first. (some dealers charge around £30 for the code I have been told!).

Also, when radio codes found from registration numbers do not work I can find alternative codes from the serial number and model number, but again all dealers can do this as we all have the same systems regardless of what you get told , so again it may be an idea to try locally. Any problems then you should approach me. Usually I would not say this, but I have a VERY large list of people waiting for radio codes, and also an even larger list of people waiting for parts prices.... I hope to clear everything as quickly as possible, but please bare with me.

By the way, posting the details here will not usually get a response from me. For the reasons mentioned above I do not come here looking to add to my work load I am afraid, but if you follow my parts webform I will reply when I am able to:

http://www.frfvolvo.co.uk/mo-volvo-parts.asp

(I can not give codes to anyone outside the UK.)

Many thanks for your patience!

Rufe

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rufe For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 15:24   #112
RUTV70
RUTRUNNER

I'm sure the vast majority of peeps here will understand that, Simon.
You provide a most excellent and valuable service to us and that's so appreciated.
Hope you find some "clear water" soon.!!..

btw...can you provide...............sorry..only jesting.

Neil

Previous Volvos...264 auto...loved it.
340 manual...not so loved.
760 auto...loved it.
The Following User Says Thank You to RUTV70 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:10   #113
vengod

I have wrote to you somewhere on here...possibly to your wall.

I would appriecate a code, but i understand that you are a busy man.

No rush.

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd, 2011, 15:33   #114
blastermp

Default greetings from Poland

Hello
I have a question about volvo v40. I need a code for the radio CT-906 s/n: C01100 X8029017D
I seerch whole internet in poland end nothing is there

thank you Wery much
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 00:27   #115
wills

Default radio codes

i would like to thank simon for suplying my radio code very quickley i know he is very busy thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to wills For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 11:31   #116
nickgreenaway

Default Annoyed with Volvo

Hello all!

I have a Volvo T4 s40 ..HU-605 unit id rather not replace it.i would make my day if you could help me out here.
I called volvo this morning and they wanted to charge £18 for the code..i tryed to convince them to give it to me but they wouldn't, its left me quite annoyed...anyway if you can help me that would be so amazing i cant tell you..anyway the details needed are as follows:

Anti theft code (sticker on top of unit) 0292

VIN: YV1VS37691F63069

once again thanks, i really dont want to be ripped off by volvo for a 9 year old (great but still 9 year old) unit.
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 04:07   #117
docoey

can you help me with my code...1999 v40

much thanks
Old May 12th, 2011, 18:03   #118
bobbych
Premier Member

unfortunatly, it seems Rufe is no longer giving out the codes anymore, so anyone looking will have to visit the dealer. Thanks for all the codes in the past

1994 850 TURBO (2008 - 2011)
Now Scrapped Sadly
Metallic Grey
Full Leather
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:57   #119
Rufe
TRADER

Hi,

I am still giving out codes where required. Unfortunately I have given more codes to you in one year than I am actually comfortable with doing (more than 10), so in order for me to carry on supplying members here with radio codes I will limit the amount of codes I am giving to any one person. I have to draw the line, this service was for helping individuals on here who were struggling with finding a code from their local dealer for their own cars, not for people buying and selling multiple units I am afraid.

Sorry about that Bobbych.

Simon

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rufe For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:13   #120
bobbych
Premier Member

No problems, I understand your reasons. But all I can say, is I am sure I have not had more than 5 from you, and all the ones I get, I sell to members on here, as hacked units, so they all benefit members of this forum.

1994 850 TURBO (2008 - 2011)
Now Scrapped Sadly
Metallic Grey
Full Leather
Closed Thread