Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

wanted volvo 240 saloon

Views : 2538

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 5th, 2023, 06:39   #11
Othen
Premier Member

I have a feeling the OP for this thread is probably a dealer fishing for cheap stock (I think we saw this with another brand new user account recently). The moderator would probably take a dim view of a dealer doing that. I hope I'm wrong and Huskte turns out to be a genuine new member that finds a nice 240 and remains part of our community for years, but...

Last edited by Othen; Jun 5th, 2023 at 06:43.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 18th, 2023, 09:34   #12
marwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I have a feeling the OP for this thread is probably a dealer fishing for cheap stock (I think we saw this with another brand new user account recently). The moderator would probably take a dim view of a dealer doing that. I hope I'm wrong and Huskte turns out to be a genuine new member that finds a nice 240 and remains part of our community for years, but...
Hi was your post successful on here ? Im curious as im looking for a 240 and wondered whether there is many about ?
marwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2023, 10:25   #13
geoffo
saving 240's one by one

Default Www go on the internet

Who are these people that have still to learn about the internet and search engines?
geoffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2024, 19:07   #14
cdmorrish

Othen, I'm sure long gone but did you sell your 240? Not a dealer! Just scouring the internet for a good looking 240 saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Nothing nefarious Andrew, I was chatting with an old friend over a cuppa this morn - about my move to Somerset. An idea that came up was selling the Barge, mainly to avoid the logistics of moving 3 motor cars and 2 motorcycles. When pushed by this friend I had to admit that all the aims I'd set myself when I bought the motor car a year ago have been met:
a. It was never meant to be a long term keeper (that is what GAM is for), but an opportunity project.

b. The original idea was the project would take me about 18 months, by which time the Barge would be qualified as an historic vehicle. I had thought that would be in April 2024, but on checking I found that it was a 1982 manufactured vehicle (by 3 days I think). The Barge is now tax and MoT exempt, so I no longer have that excuse to keep it whilst I wait for it to qualify as an historic vehicle.

c. Although I'd planned to take about 18 months improving the motor car to a good standard, it turned out to be much better than I'd expected so I'd run out of jobs after about 3 months (although as you will now, I've invented a few more in the meantime which have made it even nicer).
So, having met all my aims and produced a really good motor car I've run out of excuses to keep it . Saying that, I really like the motor car and don't need to sell it, so I see no reason why I'd give it away cheaply. It is far too good for that and if I end up taking it to Somerset with me that would be far from a calamity.

I'll let you know what happens.

Last edited by cdmorrish; Mar 2nd, 2024 at 19:10.
cdmorrish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cdmorrish For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 12:56   #15
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorrish View Post
Othen, I'm sure long gone but did you sell your 240? Not a dealer! Just scouring the internet for a good looking 240 saloon.
... quite a while ago .

Tags
240, buying