Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2005 V70 T5 SE - MTE remap & Ferrita CAT back exhaust

Views : 1041

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 5th, 2020, 10:57   #1
VivaLaVolvo

Default 2005 V70 T5 SE - MTE remap & Ferrita CAT back exhaust

Hi All,

Long time since I've been around. Reluctantly selling my 2005 V70 T5 SE but I don't use it and don't want to see it sit there doing nothing.

Was used for family holidays - dogs in the boot, bikes on the back, luggage on the roof. Not much recent use due to illness.

Would be nice to see it go to someone who'll make good use of it. Get the most out of it. Enjoy it. Sadly I don't make good use of it any more and don't get the most out of it any more although I do smile every time I take her out.

Anyway, eBay link to the sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254503712251
VivaLaVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2020, 13:27   #2
abdiel
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLaVolvo View Post
Hi All,

Long time since I've been around. Reluctantly selling my 2005 V70 T5 SE but I don't use it and don't want to see it sit there doing nothing.

Was used for family holidays - dogs in the boot, bikes on the back, luggage on the roof. Not much recent use due to illness.

Would be nice to see it go to someone who'll make good use of it. Get the most out of it. Enjoy it. Sadly I don't make good use of it any more and don't get the most out of it any more although I do smile every time I take her out.

Anyway, eBay link to the sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254503712251

Excellent comprehensive writeup on fleabay! Some lucky b***er is going to get a bargain. Good luck with the sale.
abdiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2020, 15:30   #3
XCR
Master Member

I love the pure sleeper nature of this car - right down to the towbar....Then its away like a rocket....very nice
GLWTS
XCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 19:57   #4
reggit
Premier Member

Got that on watch on eBay - not told the missus though.
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 20:09   #5
VivaLaVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR View Post
I love the pure sleeper nature of this car - right down to the towbar....Then its away like a rocket....very nice
GLWTS
Away like a rocket indeed. Although you do have to know how to deliver the power. Too much power too soon sees the speedo increase dramatically but the scenery out of the side windows stay the same. Hence the new tyres not long after having her remapped.

Even flooring it at 40 can sometimes produce interesting results.

Seriously, if you have a T5 and have had it serviced fully and still have a few £ to spare, I'd highly recommend looking at a remap.
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 20:22   #6
VivaLaVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggit View Post
Got that on watch on eBay - not told the missus though.
Along with 69 other people. I hope that means every single one will place a stupidly high bid towards the end 😁.

No idea where you're based but I'm home tomorrow afternoon and around all weekend until 4pm Sunday so you're welcome to have a look if you like. Also, if you'd like any specific pictures of the car etc please let me know and I'll send them to you.

She's by no means perfect. Car park dings and scratches here and there although I guess these things are to be expected on a car of this age. It was always my intention to have them fixed but never got round to it.

Mechanically wise though she's had everything done that a 100k mile car generally needs. Oil hasn't been changed since 2018 but then has done less than 2k since then. Spark plugs in 2017 but again, not many miles since they were changed.

Not mentioned in the ad is that the PCV system was overhauled too. Any turbo V70 of this age / mileage will have a blocked PCV system and it's not something picked up in routine services. When I acquired the car my eyes stung every time I drove it. That would be oil vapours escaping from the engine. I prioritised the work based on known weak spots / maintenance issues.

Anyway, if you'd like any further info or pictures I'd be more than happy to send them over.
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 20:57   #7
tadekk

Default Psh

Hi, good car at (currently) very good price. Can I ask what do you mean by

Quote:
I acquired this car from my Father-in-Law in May 2014 with a mileage of 116,908 and part service history.
Do you have a record of oil changes before 2014? Thanks!
tadekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 21:25   #8
reggit
Premier Member

I was going to ask about the seized a/c compressor. Is the aux belt off, or does it turn ok when disengaged?
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 21:39   #9
VivaLaVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadekk View Post
Hi, good car at (currently) very good price. Can I ask what do you mean by

Do you have a record of oil changes before 2014? Thanks!
I have records of two services, 2006 and 2007 (from memory but will confirm tomorrow) at Volvo dealers. After that nothing. However, I know for sure there was a 2008 service because I made him take it in for a service and comprehensive check before the warranty expired in case anything needed doing before the warranty expired. However, I have no documentation for this and no proof it was done.

After that, I'm not sure exactly when it was serviced or how frequently. I know it went to Frodsham Tyre company in (obviousky) Frodsham for servicing but I've never actually been in and asked them for records.

Either way, the engine is running sweet as a nut and there's no way I would have had it remapped if I thought for one minute that there was any issue with the engine at all.
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 21:53   #10
VivaLaVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggit View Post
I was going to ask about the seized a/c compressor. Is the aux belt off, or does it turn ok when disengaged?
Aux belt is still on. Turns ok but there's obviously some resistance on the belt when starting. It could so with being changed (or bypassed with a shorter belt but Aircon is a must IMO) sooner rather than later but I've only done 300 miles or so since it went.

I was driving along and there was a pop and a squeal and a dimming of the lights so I knew instantly it must have been something to do with a component run by the aux belt. I turned the climate control off and the squeel stopped. Deeside Motor Centre confirmed it was the Aircon compressor so I bought a replacement to be fitted next time the car was in but she's not been back.

Obviously once fitted the air con will need re-gassing. It would be preferable to have the system responsibly depressurised prior to changing the compressor.
The Following User Says Thank You to VivaLaVolvo For This Useful Post: