Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

745 wants in Northants

Views : 13043

Replies : 87

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 19th, 2013, 20:01   #81
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Try Durite Marine Guages for some that look ok in a 740 dash. No boost guage in the marine range, just in the normal motorsport range but they have white needles, not translucent orange. Also they are part vacuum/part boost and you´ll never get vacuum on a diesel (no throttle butterfly) so half of it would be wasted!

Thatś about as far as i can help with that list except like you i want to fit some driving lights in front of the grille and can´t find any genuine brackets. Been looking at it today and i reckon the lights could bolt to the grille easily enough - not sure if they would vibrate though - i´ll let you know when i´ve done them!

On a slightly different note, obviously too soon to say for sure but would you be interested in selling some of the spares you´ll no longer need?

Also, before i offer it in the For Sale section, i have a new over axle exhaust pipe for a B200/230E - may fit the diesel too, yours for the cost of postage if it´s any help?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........

Last edited by Laird Scooby; May 19th, 2013 at 20:03. Reason: Punctuation!
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 20:22   #82
RAW
VOC Member

cheers for the heads up on those gauges, they look really neat, now got a choice between them and VDO Vision Black or Cockpit Series. the advantage of the VDO ones is i can get a 30psi boost gauge and a pyrometer in the same range. the disadvantage is they're bleedin' expensive! pyrometer is about £130!

as for the spares and parts, yep, i'll be keeping the parts car until the summer at least i should think so anything you want will be available if i don't need it. i'll put an ad on the for sale section i should think when i have it and i hope i'll get a bit more interest than i did with the spares V70!

when to comes to the exhaust, i think i'll be using the one off the 940 for as long as it lasts, and then probs be going for something custom after that

Richard

Wife’s daily. V50 1.8S

Glad to be back!
RAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 21:54   #83
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

You´re welcome. Did look at the VDO range but it seemed quite pricey and not really what you were looking for - i obviously missed a few bits! ops: The bonus with the VDO guages is the other guages are likely VDO (Speedo, tacho etc) so more likely to match. The Durite ones are a fairly good match though and usually cheaper but their Marine range can sometimes be a bit pricey for certain things.

Got a feeling there´s a 740 Diesel being broken on fleabay at the moment - it´s a blue one but don´t get too excited as it´s the same blue as mine!

As for the spares, main things i´ll be looking to relieve you of will be petrol engine orientated, e.g. fuel and ignition distributors and other bits similar.

If you change your mind on that O/A pipe, let me know - i won´t offer it for a while and i think it is compatible with the 940 exhaust too but not sure without checking.
I bought a different back box to the standard one i originally planned so needed a different O/A pipe to fit it. As such, the pipe i bought a few months back is now redundant!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........

Last edited by Laird Scooby; May 19th, 2013 at 21:55. Reason: Keyboard Malfunctions
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 22:10   #84
RAW
VOC Member

update again:

I NEED to get ASAP:

need to find a set of diesel clocks for the warning lights, currently have over-boost in the choke and glow plugs in the tracks :P confusing mom a little!

Would Like;

Clear N/S/R Light Cluster (slowly filling with water but don't want to buy another normal one as i have a clear O/S/R one waiting to be fitted)
O/S/F wing, preferably in the right colour
still looking to fit some driving lights in front of the grill, but i somehow doubt i'm ever going to find a gen fitting kit!
760 Dome Light, my poverty spec 940 had the same one as my 740
Under Bonnet Light
boost gauge and pyrometer maybe that might go in the top corners of the instrument cluster?

long term;

anyone got any ideas what shorter springs will be ok with a D24TIC upfront?
thinking maybe monroe rear shocks as i don't want to lose the ability to carry stuff and tow after i've lowered it.
need a new set of alloys really

hope someone can help me

Richard

Wife’s daily. V50 1.8S

Glad to be back!
Old Aug 13th, 2013, 21:22   #85
RAW
VOC Member

Updating the list

I NEED to get ASAP;

GEARBOX CROSSMEMBER!!!!!

Could do With:

MCB
Boost Gauge
Pyrometer and sensor

Would Like;

O/S/F wing, pref riviera blue met
Driving lights switch
760 Dome Light
Under Bonnet Light

hope someone out there can help

Richard

Wife’s daily. V50 1.8S

Glad to be back!
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 00:14   #86
RAW
VOC Member

Bump and Update:

found a crossmember so...

Could do With:

MCB
Boost Gauge
Pyrometer and sensor

Would Like;

O/S/F wing, pref riviera blue met
Driving lights switch
760 Dome Light
Under Bonnet Light
Alloys maybe :|

drop me messages if anyone can help

Richard

Wife’s daily. V50 1.8S

Glad to be back!
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 19:07   #87
RAW
VOC Member

Bump and update to the list,

Would Like;

Both front wing's, preferably in Riviera Blue Met
Fitting Kit for Volvo driving lights/parts (or just the driving lights switch and a front fog kit, i know it's the same but more common)
760 Dome Light
Under Bonnet Light
also looking to fit a boost gauge and a pyro gauge, though if i find all of them i have no idea where i'll put them!

sure there's more but i cant think what :| hope someone can help me

Richard

Wife’s daily. V50 1.8S

Glad to be back!
Old Jul 21st, 2015, 02:06   #88
RAW
VOC Member

Well this was a bit out of date!

Would Like;

O/S/F wing, preferably in the correct riviera blue met colour
Fitting Kit for Volvo driving lights/parts (or just the driving lights switch)
Under Bonnet Light
set of 740 diesel instruments

hope one of you can help

Richard

Wife’s daily. V50 1.8S

Glad to be back!