Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1964 volvo amazon for sale

Views : 4097

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 13th, 2010, 18:57   #1
amazondean
amazondean

Default 1964 volvo amazon for sale

I will start a new thread as the car is now for sale if anyone is interested.

1964 122S TWIN CARB, FACTORY OVERDRIVE, REAR SEATBELTS AND TOW BAR

PRICE IS £1500. REASONABLE IF YOU ASK ME, AS THE BODY IS VERY SOUND BUT I AM TAKING THE NUMBER OFF AS IT IS WORTH SOMETHING TO ME SO WILL BE SUPPLIED WITH AN AGE RELATED PLATE.

FULL YEARS MOT AND TAX.

I have owned the car since 2003 and stripped it and restored it to be a good useable car for the winter. I had a nice amazon estate for summer use as was for sale earlier.
I now have a decent 145 that i use and i am thinking of using it all year round so no need for two cars.
Underneath the car realy is superb and very original. The sills both sides are perfect and original which is good because they are galvanised from the factory.
All doors are excellent apart from the passenger rear which has a slight scrape from catching a post. It would fill over if needs be but the door does shut properly.
The engine and gearbox are excellent and drip no oil. There are no klonks rattles or strange noises anywhere and all brake related items are good. The only thing that lets the car down abit is the quality of the paint but if all you want is a cheap runabout that will stand the test of time then this is it.
Any questions, comments or rumours welcome.
Any questions please ask. If it fails to sell i may just carry on and use in the winter as it has cost nothing to keep since it was restored. There is no front bumper but i will try to get more photos before the end of the week.

Below are pictures taken today. I just drove it out and took some photos. I will try to take more soon. The paint is not as bad as i thought as i did give the paint a quick polish.
The underside is in remarkable and mostly original condition. I did replace one outrigger when it was restored but the sills are all original. There is no worries about the underneath.
As can be seen the car is very sound considering it has seen several winters continuous.
I can post the pictures of the car being stripped and repainted when i get chance but most of the trim was bolted straight back on after it was painted. Fully waxoiled as i went along, inside sills full length, door bottoms from inside and chassis rails where i could get access.

The front seats are out of a later amazon which has headrests and as can be seen are a little grubby. I would think they would clean up nicely but i do have the matching seat squabs that are in pretty decent condition. If anyone is interested in the car they have the choice of either seats. I would say keep the blue ones, they are much safer and very cumfy.

Last edited by amazondean; Jul 13th, 2010 at 19:03.
amazondean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 19:50   #2
pete007

Default Hi Dean

Hi Dean,
Can you give me a call, I am travelling to Yorkshire at the weekend so can maybe come and see it..........01494868236
Pete
pete007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 20:31   #3
amazondean
amazondean

I have found another picture which shows the car better but i will post others as i get time

Old Jul 16th, 2010, 18:15   #4
Anthony 69
VOC Member

Hi Dean,
Would it be possible to have a picture of the car from the front please, also what is the condition around the screen.
Anthony
Anthony 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2010, 18:47   #5
Anthony 69
VOC Member

Hi Dean,
I should have asked, which engine is in the car, the 1600 or 1800. Still coming up to speed on the cars specs. I am interested in knowing more about the vehicle, so anything you can add would be great, thanks.
Anthony
Anthony 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2010, 22:57   #6
Dibble
VOC Member

Hi Anthony, I note that the Amazon has blue front seats with red at rear and red door cards. If you decide to buy the car let me know because I could supply you with red front seats and am not too far away from you - just over the Firth.
Cheers
Dibble
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 11:24   #7
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

It is a B18 twin carb engine.

Looks to be a late 64 with screen wash jet in the bonnet and the later boot handle etc.

Good solid looking car. If I had the money I'd buy this myself.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 07:46   #8
amazondean
amazondean

I do have the seat squabs in red to match the rest of the interior. The red interior has actualy cleaned up very well. I will try to take some more pictures this week if i get chance. The car is a b18 twin carb with overdrive. The car is very solid and regards to any rust present or hiding around areas such as the windscreen surround are non existant. I have never owned an amazon that has any serious rust issues as without trying to sound a clever article, i have far to much experience to buy such junk. The only real problem is the scrape on the passenger side which i will try to photograph. It could just be filled as there is no rot or rust in the effected area. There are no mechanical issues either. A good alrounder that would win no shows other than probably the only car in the show that is not bunged up with filler!!

If anyone is interested you can ring me on 07806 859594

Dean

Last edited by amazondean; Jul 19th, 2010 at 07:49.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 23:14   #9
Dibble
VOC Member

Hi Dean, don't sell her for a 144/145. Although they are good they are not as good as an Amazon and you will not get the same pleasure. I might remind you of this in a years time!
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 23:44   #10
Nig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
Hi Dean, don't sell her for a 144/145. Although they are good they are not as good as an Amazon and you will not get the same pleasure. I might remind you of this in a years time!
i agree, i have two cars dean, surely the insurance is cheap and you could have one for summer (amazon) one for winter 144
i was paying 130 fully comp on my landrover series , and tax free
160 for my eunos 190 tax
now i am paying 327 for my 2ltr v70
dear i know, its a long story
i will offset some monies by only taxing the eunos in the summer from now on and the volvo ins will be better next time , i hope
Nig is offline   Reply With Quote