Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1963 Amazon 122 for sale

Views : 3207

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 12th, 2015, 19:54   #1
merquin

Default 1963 Amazon 122 for sale

I have decided to sell my 1963 Amazon 122s. I have had the car for the last 2 1/2 years and for a variety of reasons have decided that I want to pass the car on. She is a four door saloon, in white, with a single-carb engine (she was a South African import) and working overdrive. She has a blue interior in very good original condition. She also has rear seat belts fitted, so ideal for family transport. I bought her from a restoration company in Bedfordshire who had done all the work on her and I bought her with an extensive photo library of the restoration. However, over the last couple of years, there has been some bubbling under the paintwork & some minor splitting on doors, wings and some pitting on some of the chrome (esp. hubcaps). Apart from that though, she is still very presentable, is mechanically sound and drives well. She was MOT'd last Nov and had some advisories and has not been driven a huge amount since then. if you're interested, please et in touch and I can run these past you. I'm looking for £3k. Not sure how to attach pics her from i-photo so please get in touch if you want to see these and I can e-mail them to you. We are based in Worthing, and I can be contacted on 07857612222 - Cheers, Mark.
merquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2015, 09:59   #2
merquin

Default bump

I posted this last week and got some limited interest but no-one has come to see in the flesh. I will putting on e-bay this week but would have much rather sold this here.. From an "enthusiasts" point of view is there anything else I should be saying about this in an ad? Thanks :-)
Old Aug 17th, 2015, 14:25   #3
Sam Glover

Hi there Mark,

Could you send me a few photos... specifically the grotty bits? I might be tempted.

Thanks a lot,

Sam
sam.glover@practicalclassics.co.uk
Sam Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2015, 23:24   #4
jamie
amazon1954

maybe everyone is awa til September....>
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2015, 11:37   #5
merquin

Default Hi Sam

I will send you some pics later on.
Old Aug 19th, 2015, 22:41   #6
Gipson

Default Interested

I've just joined to look for an Amazon so yours might fit the bill. I'm in France but a regular visitor back to the UK.
Could you email me some photos please. Are email addresses allowed here?
Oh well - applezendog@icloud.com
Thanks
Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2015, 17:49   #7
merquin

Default Fao Gipson

Hi there - I'll send some pics later this eve or tomorrow. Mark
Old Aug 26th, 2015, 18:52   #8
merquin

Default Amazon

I've had a number of people ask me to send pics via e-mail, which I have done but have had no feedback/responses/acknowledgement or even thank-you's for doing this from any of the individuals who requested pics/further info :-( This is disappointing from an enthusiasts forum so will be reluctantly putting this on flea-bay next week..
Old Aug 27th, 2015, 09:15   #9
omc 47
VOC Member

Hi Mark,
I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience on the forum, it's a sad reflection on todays society and bad manners not to send an acknowledgement when electronic messaging is so instant.
I have always had a good experience with folk on the forum and found them genuine and honest but this type of experience is embarrassing even for me as an Amazon owner and Club member so ....................come on gents keep our reputation whiter than this.
Meanwhile good luck with your sale Mark and I'm sure the right purchaser will come along soon.
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 27th, 2015, 20:04   #10
hutch63

Default Re no responce

hi mark
not so quick to shout so loud.. i have sent you a text and i am awaiting your reply with pics, as yet not received. i am sure you do have other thing to do.
hutch63 is offline   Reply With Quote