Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

<17 XC60 roof rails, Volvo OG or Thule??

Views : 792

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 6th, 2019, 13:31   #1
NOCTURNAL
Shiny and Black :)

Default <17 XC60 roof rails, Volvo OG or Thule??

Hey guys, I have an Xc60 that I now need roof rails for, and can't make my mind up which roof rails to buy, so a couple of questions for those that have them, please.

I want the aero styled bars rather than the square bars, so thats a couple of versions removed from the choices, and realistically unless there is a massive List of 'Plusses' for spending the extra, the Thule Wingbar Edge series, as sleek as they look, are too expensive. So it means im really looking at Volvo standard aero bar version, or the Thule equivalent? but being Swedish I wondered if the OG Volvo ones were Thule rebranded anyway?

So recommendations or otherwise for roof bars on my ,17 xc60 gratefully received,

or if cheaper brands genuinely recommended I guess those too, I'm just a fan of knowing the quality is definitely there which I believe is there with OG or Thule?
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 17:28   #2
ukden

I had the same dilemma when I bought my XC60 two years ago.

I eventually opted for " Whispbars" :

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rb...0prcZCJGmqJNoL

I chose these rather than Thule because the footpack for fitting to a different car was much less expensive.

Very happy with them.

Previously: MY2018 XC60 Momentum D4 Auto, Winter Pack, Volvo On Call, Rear camera, Electric deployable towbar, Tempa spare wheel.
ukden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ukden For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 22:31   #3
HDAV
Master Member

I have some from micks garage, la Perlina, branded the alu bars for my mk1 they were cheap a bit faffy to fit but bought used and get used a coupe of times a year this weekend being on of them....

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/roof-r...lvo/volvo-xc60
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HDAV For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2019, 13:37   #4
NOCTURNAL
Shiny and Black :)

thanks guys, will check them both out anyway, I've had Thule before so naturally lean toward them, although i had the cheapest solid black bars that time, and wished I'd gone aero, have a couple of Thule bike racks too, so the neat freak in me likes that idea too , and I can possibly swap out the matched locks too, but suggestions greatly appreciated...

cheers

Tags
roof bars, thule