Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Adjusting temperature in car.

Views : 991

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 8th, 2009, 00:17   #1
gtr1000

Default Adjusting temperature in car.

In my VX Vectra, like the V70, there are two temp knobs, one for driver and one for passenger.

In the VX, you have the facility for the driver's knob to adjust the temp to both sides at the same time, ie. one knob does both sides.

Is this possible on the V70 as even after a week I'm fed up with having to adjust both sides independently?
gtr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2009, 10:28   #2
avtur

I have been wondering the same, can't find anything about it in the handbook. I know one of the cars I test drove a few months ago did have that facility and I agree it is useful. ... Which means that either the V50 or Mazda 6 does have it, presume it must have been the Mazda can't see it being on the V50 but not the V70.
avtur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2009, 10:37   #3
KrisSWFC
VOC Member

The S40 & V50 have a single control knob on the drivers side, its a bit fiddley though, I am waiting for a new 2.0D V70 SE Lux due to be delivered to the dealer on 5th Nov and cant wait, I thought having two controls would be good but now I realise the single control would probably be better!
KrisSWFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 01:00   #4
avtur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisSWFC View Post
The S40 & V50 have a single control knob on the drivers side, its a bit fiddley though, I am waiting for a new 2.0D V70 SE Lux due to be delivered to the dealer on 5th Nov and cant wait, I thought having two controls would be good but now I realise the single control would probably be better!
All depends on SWMBO ... for me the separate controls are a good feature because I prefer much lower temps than she does ... dual zone gives rise to less 'discussion' about the temperature
avtur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 14:34   #5
Sanzomat

In the real world, how much of a differential can the system maintain from side to side? In my previous car (audi a6) the handbook stated that the dual zone could only manage a 2 (or was it 3) degree difference from side to side and as she seems to prefer it colder than me I often found that even when her side was set only 2 degrees lower my side wouldn't stay at my preferred temperature. Since I got my V70 in Sept the weather has been quite temperate so no real opportunity to test either the heating or cooling but time will tell. Generally I'm finding I have it set at ahigher temp in this car then the audi so I guess the figure is only a guide to the actual temperature but I used to keep the audi set at 19.5 but I find that far too cold on the volvo and tend to go with 21. I think there must also be quite a sensitive sun sensor on the volvo because it tend to blow colder when the sun shines (if that makes sense?)
Sanzomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 18:59   #6
Tigerseye

Interesting Sanzomat.
I must admit, I think the sun sensor is quite sensitive and I must be going soft in my (not so) old age - either that or these cold blooded Scandinavians have a different idea of temperature to me. I often end up having the system turned up to 24 to try to maintain at least a bit of warmth! Even at 22 I think it can blow out a bit too cold!
Tigerseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2009, 18:24   #7
MartinK

We love it! I leave mine on 20 - rain or shine. Wifey gets cold if she's sitting still for a while, so on a long journey, it's usually turned up on the passenger side after the first hour or so.

It's one of the things we look for in a car - my last car had the same feature, and we use it a lot.
MartinK is offline   Reply With Quote