Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

PDI check.. my D5 goes into limp mode?!

Views : 1706

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 15th, 2009, 13:20   #1
volvo-4-life

Default PDI check.. my D5 goes into limp mode?!

As the title suggests, I had a phone call from the dealer an hour ago to tell me that whilst on it's PDI test drive, my eagerly awaited D5 R-design threw an engine fault code and went into limp mode...something to do with the turbos.

I'm concerned whether I am about to take delivery of a "lemon" as the Americans would say. They have their "best man looking at it now", and will update me later today. Funnily enough I had a call from the salesman yesterday to say that it wouldn't be ready this morning as it still needed valeting, so we arranged for delivery/pickup at 2pm today.

I suppose I'd like some reassurance or advice that I've made the right choice to go with the D5...

Any thoughts....

Many thanks in advance
2012 V60 D5 ES Silver
volvo-4-life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 15:49   #2
volvo-4-life

Oh well, I guess there are no words of support or advice, I'll get my coat.....
2012 V60 D5 ES Silver
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 16:10   #3
dodgyken
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo-4-life View Post
Oh well, I guess there are no words of support or advice, I'll get my coat.....
Good choice of colour - does that help???

dodgyken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dodgyken For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 19:01   #4
Dazzlev70r

Just hang in there

computers throw out for no reason and probably just one man in whole place who has the savvy to sort it out
Any news? pics?
Dazzlev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 20:18   #5
volvo-4-life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlev70r View Post
Just hang in there

computers throw out for no reason and probably just one man in whole place who has the savvy to sort it out
Any news? pics?
Thanks for the support. No pics yet. Latest news is that 2 master technicians agree that there is a wrong part fitted to the turbo(s), not sure what exactly. Seems "Sven" was having a bad day at the office, salesman says it left the factory that way. Volvo Uk have been made aware. New part on order from Sweden, will be at dealer for Friday, so with any luck I can pick it up at the weekend.
2012 V60 D5 ES Silver
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 21:33   #6
Dazzlev70r

Wow you must just have got unlucky mate nt heard that one before

hope you browsing the volvo catalogue and made a list to see whats offered for the inconveniance

you dont ask you simply dont know as they say
Dazzlev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 10:28   #7
Bernard333
Premier Member

I agree its got be worth something from the main dealer, I made myself such a pain when I was told my V70 was going to delayed over the already 3 month wait that they gave me a brand new Mondeo Diesel to test drive for two weeks , it made me realise when the D5 arrived that I had made the right choice and believe me I really tested that Mondeo I even felt a bit guilty when I handed it back with 3500 miles on it ( my V70 was previous P2 163bhp D5 ).
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 19:27   #8
volvo-4-life

UPDATE

Part has arrived from Sweden, and been fitted. It was a pipe to the twin turbo, apparently Sven had fitted one for the old 185 model, rather than the 205????

Received phone call from salesman at 4.30 to say it was all fixed, and when did I want to pick it up? I said now. But it still hasn't been valeted....like what were they doing between Tuesday and today???

And still no offer of a gesture of goodwill or compensation.

Do you think it would be unreasonable for me to ask for the first scheduled service at 18000 to be free?

Anyway, roll on Sunday afternoon, which is when I have some spare time to pick it up. Personally, I think they should send a car out to collect me....
2012 V60 D5 ES Silver
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 21:59   #9
Sanzomat

I'd certainly give the "free 18k service" a punt as after all its mostly labour cost so won't actually cost them that much to give you (whereas giving you some accessories will cost them at least 30 to 50% of the list price) but it will save you! I went down that route after trouble with my previous A6 and got the free service and to be fair to the dealer they also told me to take the family out for a meal and send them the receipt for a refund - the cheque came by return! If the car hadn't been so dreadful I might have had another Audi based on that level of customer care...
Sanzomat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sanzomat For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 15:26   #10
britbker
volvo master technican

i have been a volvo shop foreman for many yrs and there might be software for this car and i would allow them to check it out i am from america and we did not lemon law that many, most things turn out to be small and not that differcult to fix..

I'm concerned whether I am about to take delivery of a "lemon" as the Americans would say. They have their "best man looking at it now", and will update me later today. Funnily enough I had a call from the salesman yesterday to say that it wouldn't be ready this morning as it still needed valeting, so we arranged for delivery/pickup at 2pm today.

I suppose I'd like some reassurance or advice that I've made the right choice to go with the D5...

Any thoughts....

Many thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
britbker is offline   Reply With Quote