Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

"Proper" Greetings

Views : 711

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 16:27   #1
Funky Diver
FD

Default "Proper" Greetings

So, I've already been hanging around (lurking?) for a week or so now... and finally managed to go get my MY2004 XC90 D5 Executive today.

In short, it's a family car... with the added perk that there's plenty to tinker on with, the previous owner wasn't overly careful or precious with the car, so there's plenty for me to "do" with it... in other words my ideal car

The hundred mile drive home has to have been one of the most pleasurable drives ever and comes a close first to my old 406 Estate Executive...

So the plus points so far... the drive is excellent with no real grinds or crunches. The geartronic is ... well, geartronic!

Some initial jobs on the list so far;

It needs a DAMNED good clean, leather included. It's all just a bit, well, grimey. That's tomorrow sorted!!
The factory fit DVD player isn't working... so bit of fixing required.
Trim - there are loose bits of trim all over the joint, and a couple with scuffs, some broken, etc. This is going to be a long term thing. It's daft things like the little circle grommets that fit over the door locking pulls.. 3 of the 4 are missing. Loose bits, arm rest/tunnel console loose, tlephone privacy handset borken and the wire not retracting... etc.
Rear wiper not working
Third row seat centre console thingy lid missing
Rear 12volt accesory socket alarm on turning off the ignition
Some minor rust spots from doors hitting walls on opening, etc.
Drivers window needs recalibrating
Handbrake needs adjusting, although I've a feeling that this is down to the rear shoes MOT advisory (and it has 12 months MOT???)
The steering wheel is off centre

So that's the snagging list so far... all very minor stuff (except the handbrake!)

All in all, very chuffed so far and I've plans for a carputer in the boot and other gubbins to fill in my time... possibly an XBox, we'll see

I give you... Verity (that's her name, lol)

Now a bugging couple of questions.

1. There's a rather intriguing metal box under the boot floor. It's fairly sizeable about 2ft long x 1ft square, what is it?
2. There stereo shows the option to turn the Subwoofer on/off, but I can't change it... did this model have one fitted as standard? It's all factory, 6 disc dash mounter CD, MD drive, Mobile phone, etc...
Funky Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 16:57   #2
Spike1918
Looney

Hello, no 1 and a guess, power amplifier maybe?

Volvo S70 SE auto 1998 vintage
Spike1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 17:59   #3
Ron_XC90
Master Member

My best guess either the battery or the dvd changer?
Member of the Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response group. www.gw4x4r.co.uk
Ron_XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 18:08   #4
Funky Diver
FD

hmmm... so a number of options... I'll have to have a rummage tomorrow when I can actually see out there
Funky Diver is offline   Reply With Quote