Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Clutch Pedal Vibration

Views : 2300

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 8th, 2009, 23:09   #1
doyle_45

Angry Clutch Pedal Vibration

Hi Everyone

Took delivery of a new 2.0D R-design at the end of July and after 3 weeks and about 750 miles a vibration appeared on the clutch pedal.

It is noticeable at idle when the clutch pedal is fully depressed. It appears worse when accelerating and changing 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd but less noticeable when changing through the higher gears. This may be just because the whole car is moving faster and therefore the effect is less obvious.

Dealer has been advised by Volvo that it is normal and not to do anything under warranty but reading between the dealer's carefully chosen lines I got the impression that it was a known problem with no known fix.

Anyone else have this issue or something similar?
doyle_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 07:20   #2
Dazzlev70r

your right mate your not imagining it

Fords use a dual mass flywheel im afraid and have a read up on these unfortunately in our R design we have them

there meant to make the clutch movement lighter, but they do tend to fail much quicker.
Bad news is and maybe the dealer forgot to mention this is theres a sensor that Volvo will pulg into and if your sitting in traffic with foot on clutch even if the cars not in gear when the clutch pops it will be down to you for "riding the clutch"

I had the same queries and get used to the dealers attitude of bieng very carefull with there words when explaining these faults.
The mondeo uses same system but the ones ive driven dont have these issues.
It feels and reminds me years =ago of when ABS first came out and the pedal used to slightly lift n pump on hard braking
if this is a motability car pm me
Dazzlev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 22:44   #3
doyle_45

I thought I was fairly safe having had a current shape Mondeo 2.0D Ghia for the last two years. Virtually the same engine etc.

Still, it is on record as a "feature" of my car so at least if a cure is found I may be able to obtain it without having to jump through quite as many hoops.

I like the car but this FAULT makes me want another Mondeo instead.
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 23:38   #4
Dan Steele
Dan

Interesting!
My three week old V70 2.0D has now covered 900 miles and yesterday quite suddenly started vibrating its clutch pedal too!
It is quite violent and spoils the experience of driving the car. I am calling my dealer tomorrow. I will not accept this, or the badly fitted rear doors from what is supposed to be one of the 'better' brands!
It will be interesting to see what my dealer has to say!
Dan
Dan Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 12:35   #5
T5R+
V70 Fan

Find it on the D5s too.

Noticeable when sat at idle, but as you say disappears as go through the box.

Another "feature" that is letting the brand down. Dealers can be a little less than forthcoming with known defects/problems!
T5R+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 15:51   #6
doyle_45

Angry

Please let me know what your dealer says or does regarding the clutch pedal vibration.

I haven't had a chance to pursue the dealer since they had the car where Volvo told them not to do anything to resolve the problem and I'm just working on a list of faults including poor remote locking performance and an automatic handbrake that only seems to work if you start and stop the engine twice and then start it up and drive off.

Then I will speak to the dealer again, followed by Volvo directly. Maybe we should all go to Watchdog!
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 21:20   #7
Dan Steele
Dan

Well I am not surprised to have to report that after calling my dealer six times and then waiting more than 24 hours for my call to be returned.... it was not!
I visited the dealership today, and was told that no other owners had reported the problem either to my Dealer and Volvo were not aware of there being a common problem with any other cars.
Rubbish!
I was also told that my rear doors are not out of line, despite there being very noticeable differences in shut lines and the chrome waist rail trim being out of line from the front and rear doors by 4mm. Very noticable indeed!
I found the customer service from the point of ordering my car to be poor, my car was a month late being delivered too!
I am not going to accept this, I will contact Volvo UK customer services on Monday and will haunt the dealership until they are sick of me.
My car cost £25k, it is not what I consider to be a budget brand vehicle and I expect it to be of a certain standard. It is not.
This is my first experience with Volvo after many years of BMW and M-B. It is an experience that already has been soured, not only by a sub standard vehicle but shocking service from the dealership!
Get yourself down to your dealer ASAP, and lets see how far you get with them!
Dan
Dan Steele is offline   Reply With Quote