Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

extended warranty

Views : 939

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 24th, 2018, 01:28   #1
Pandamedic
Master Member

Default extended warranty

My XC60s 3 year warranty is up soon.

I've just had a letter from Volvo saying i can extend it for another year for £445.

Is that a good price? and is it worth it, or go somewhere else?

Ta
Old Apr 24th, 2018, 09:54   #2
Bloke

I think it's a pretty standard price, I was offered 1 year for £495 or 2 for £895 last month.

I looked around at other options but ended going with the Volvo one.

Paul.
Old Apr 24th, 2018, 10:57   #3
ripstandem

Default Seems best of the bunch

I too went for Volvo offered warranty
Don't usually buy warranties, not that brave looking at some repair costs these days.
I doubt I will use it though, what a contradiction!
ripstandem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ripstandem For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 24th, 2018, 19:24   #4
Timothy2

In my old car I decided not to extend the warranty, this was the right choice as it didn't break down

Make sure you read all the T&C's about what is covered. Some people think it is the same as the standard 3 year warranty, it not. Not everything is covered and something may have cost limits. From memory the Volvo extended warranty deal I was offered was pretty comprehensive in its cover but it was expensive. I would recommend you shop around!

£800+ is (in my view) expensive for 2 years peace of mind. Specially in a 3 year old car with the same owner since new and a full main dealer service history.
Timothy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timothy2 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 06:29   #5
id5
Premier Member

We chose the Volvo extended warrenty, still haven't used it. It was worth the peace of mind especially as some of the more common faults can be very expensive to fix.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 08:47   #6
Zigster

I posted a similar query a week ago. I've extended mine for a further year (it's currently 6 years old so extended to 7 years old) for £349.

Obviously, there may be difference sin cover, but the Volvo price you quote seems a little steep.

Having said that, I've claimed a couple of times over the last three years (since the initial three year warranty expired) for "pressure sensors" and things like that so I have definitely got my money's worth to day.
Old Apr 29th, 2018, 08:30   #7
antman99
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigster View Post
I posted a similar query a week ago. I've extended mine for a further year (it's currently 6 years old so extended to 7 years old) for £349.

Obviously, there may be difference sin cover, but the Volvo price you quote seems a little steep.

Having said that, I've claimed a couple of times over the last three years (since the initial three year warranty expired) for "pressure sensors" and things like that so I have definitely got my money's worth to day.
Hi Zigster, can I ask which warranty this is, the genuine volvo one? If so what dealer did you buy through? Thanks.
antman99 is offline   Reply With Quote