Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V60 2.4TD R-Design Lux Nav Hybrid (215bhp) 4X4.

Views : 1674

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 4th, 2018, 17:32   #1
lonerider

Default Volvo V60 2.4TD R-Design Lux Nav Hybrid (215bhp) 4X4.

Hello. Time has come to buy another Volvo. I have decided after sweat and worry to go for a D6 Rebel Blue.. As you may know I have a Volvo V40 with nearly 300,000 miles on the clock and it is still going strong.

I do have some questions and wondering if you folk can answer them? I am picking the car up on Wednesday the 9th May.

(1) What is the difference between Polestar remapping and Dyno tuning? Is it something that I should have both done or not.

(2) I understand this vehicle takes type 2 plug. Should I keep with my outside 3 pin plug and standard lead that comes with my vehicle or should I have a dedicated wall charger, and charging lead. What would you recommend?

(3) I am based in West Sussex and the energy polar plus energy provider does seem to have a very good coverage of charging stations. My question is, is there anything better ?

(4) Anything you think i might consider or might like to have?

Many thanks for your time and help reading this.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 20:54   #2
lonerider

I have picked up my beautiful V60 today. Very happy with it indeed.
Old May 9th, 2018, 21:29   #3
Considered1
Premier Member

Did you go for the D6 Hybrid in the end?, What year is it..
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 22:00   #4
steadvex
Master Member

You can throttle down the amps on the 3 pin charger to fully charge from solar if need be! I tend to use type 2 lead as takes 2.5 to 3 hours to fully charge, as we have a leaf as well we already have a wall charger. I find the 3 pin connector a but hit and miss with polar charge points, type 2 cable seems solid and reliable, to me it was worth the additional purchase

Had a D6 for almost a year, still loving it 👍 think you all enjoy it

Polestar tuning affects gearbox too, although I have not had it done, RICA map gives much higher power but maybe not the same driveability that the polestar gives

I use polar plus with the ev tariff from ovo, for me its good as asda's and various ncp's near me have polar charge points, ecotrcity is pointless as the v60 cannot use the rapid chargers!

Having this car has changed my driving dramatically, for the better, its powerful but strangely satisfying just gliding around in it 😁
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 20:51   #5
lonerider

Thanks for your replies
Yeah went for the D6 Hybrid. Absolutely love the car. Best buy by far. I went for the Polestar upgrade and I have to say it's a quick beast. Very happy...
The Following User Says Thank You to lonerider For This Useful Post:
Old May 26th, 2018, 11:10   #6
lonerider

My Volvo had a stage 2 paint correction to get rid of all the blemishes, swirls etc. I have also had Ceramic coating on the car. Next job will be the tyres. Hubs and Callipers that are being detailed and being painted on the 8th of June. Pictures to follow.
Old May 26th, 2018, 11:15   #7
steadvex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Thanks for your replies
Yeah went for the D6 Hybrid. Absolutely love the car. Best buy by far. I went for the Polestar upgrade and I have to say it's a quick beast. Very happy...
Did you have the polestar from the go or did you wait a short while?

Am seriously considering it, I have to wait till my insurance renewal as my current insurer won't cover it. Considering the cost on the car I don't want to risk my chances!

I've also had my ceramic coated, never done that to a car before, don't regret it! But now I feel guilty cleaning the car unless its done properly
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2018, 11:18   #8
lonerider

Default Before & After

You can see what a difference it really makes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Volvo without.jpg (343.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo With.jpg (202.2 KB, 51 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to lonerider For This Useful Post:
Old May 26th, 2018, 11:46   #9
lonerider

From the side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InkedVolvo side_LI.jpg (293.4 KB, 38 views)
Old Nov 10th, 2019, 20:53   #10
lonerider

There have been many changers. The wheels and tyres have changed. Calipers are now red and have rear privacy glass. Pictures to follow