Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

From XC60 to Porsche Macan or BMW X3?

Views : 160881

Replies : 1567

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 12:18   #551
xc60ed

Arianne, just watched the video and his comment is spot on about the 4 pot in the XC90, looks good on paper but in real world it doesn't work! For the same reason I would never consider the 4 pot Jag as that engine in the Disco Sport I tested was sorely lacking mid range pull. I'm sure the 3.0 diesel will be superb but that is outside my price point. My D5 XC60 is really strong in the mid range where you need power in the real world and after testing many 2.0 diesels from different manufacturers the D5 is far better. The only engine I've had that is better was the 3.0 V6 in my Treg. I use the paddles to pull away quickly as the auto is a bit lethargic in 1st and 2nd but by changing myself it really flies. My recommendation to anyone is make the most of the discounts and buy a loaded XC60 D5 with the gearshift paddles and keep it long term. No doubt this will be last proper Volvo not designed by accountants.
xc60ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 12:35   #552
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc60ed View Post
............ My recommendation to anyone is make the most of the discounts and buy a loaded XC60 D5 with the gearshift paddles and keep it long term. No doubt this will be last proper Volvo not designed by accountants.
I think you might be right and it's not off my options list either, there's still time.

Arianne
Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 14:04   #553
XCeed

...but will you feel a tad underwhelmed in a few months time when you are driving around in last year's model!??...
Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 14:05   #554
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
I think you might be right and it's not off my options list either, there's still time.

Arianne
I'm sure you have done this already, but you need to have the price for a 'loaded' XC60 (with Polestar) in your head (with the existing generous discounts) before you test drive the F-Pace. I'm guessing the F-Pace will be over £10k more expensive to purchase. Also, look at servicing and warranty costs. Then decide. Simple. (Well, I'm sure it's not simple, but you know where I'm coming from.)
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 14:37   #555
Arianne
Premier Member

Default If you have an hour to spare....

In my life, I have never watched a review as detailed as this - almost 60mins long!

The guy doesn't even start driving it until about 20mins into the programme (I think at 60mins duration it's fair to call it 'a programme').

Most of the time is spent driving the 3.0d V6 but the last 15mins are dedicated to the smaller Ingenium 2.0d version.

Short of taking a test drive and spending a further period of time staring at the thing down at your local dealership, this is probably the next best thing to personally experiencing an F-Pace.

Not sure about his assessment of the engines - journalists have differing views on the smaller 2.0d and, when this car is fully laden, I wonder whether it will perform as well as he hopes? Otherwise, his assessment seems fair to me based upon the time we have spent with the car. Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVEhYhmFG74

Arianne
Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 14:39   #556
Crockers
Premier Member

Well it had to be done....

Just came back from Jag garage....

Looked at a black one with white & black leather.

Looked very nice.

Thought the front seats were very comfy...as good as Volvos. Loved the stitched leather armrest etc (or is it fake??) Either way looked great.

Rear seats I'm afraid aren't as comfortable as the Volvos. And a big lump in the middle makes taking 3 in the back difficult.

This one had self projecting steps...quite novel but I found it difficult to get out without rubbing my leg on them so they would be off.

Boot.. Spacious but with a high loading area. What the hell is the gap under the boot floor. Loads of unshielded wires asking for disaster. Not a good finish.

The one I looked at was AWD auto 2.0. £46,000. Sunroof doesn't open ?????? Why??

Git back in my Volvo and thought yes the V6 would be fun but if I equipped it aka my XC60 I'm looking at 60k +. Sorry. It's a nice car but it's never worth that much extra. But then I'm retired so every penny counts lol.

I'm sure you'll love it and it will give you years ofmhapoy motoring. Look forward to you review upon driving it.
Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 14:50   #557
xc60ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCeed View Post
...but will you feel a tad underwhelmed in a few months time when you are driving around in last year's model!??...
Certainly not if the new XC60 is as underwhelming and poorly developed as the XC90!
xc60ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 15:14   #558
Arianne
Premier Member

Default F-Pace 3.0d V6 S pricing

The thing about the bigger engine diesel F-Pace is that it already comes with a pretty huge list of goodies as well as slightly tweaked styling flourishes beyond the R-Sport.

That means I'll only be seeking to add a few bits & bobs:
  • Adsl off road technology @ £150 (stolen shamelessly from Land Rover and plugged into the F-Pace)
  • winter pack (seats & steering wheel) @ £510
  • privacy glass @ £375 (ouch but always a must have for us)
  • auto-release for rear seats from the boot @ £50 (mad not to)
  • temporary spare wheel @ £150 (to avoid acute period of introspection while standing on the side of an autobahn at -14c in the dark)
  • electronic reclining rear seats @ £150 (which seems pretty good value, even if the buttons are straight from the Ford Mondeo parts bin, I do not jest!)

Total is about £53.5k. Standard on this S trim includes rear parking camera, auto-adaptive suspension, configurable suspension including steering & auto-box, heated front screen, keyless entry, bi-xenon & LED DRLs, electronic front seats, SatNav, 20" alloys etc. etc.

Future residuals are a lottery but I have a feeling that they will hold up well over 4-5yrs even though supply will increase with time.

The 'man-maths' doesn't work so there's no point trying but it does seem like fun and that carries value too - even if it's hard to place a price on that?

Arianne

Last edited by Arianne; Apr 23rd, 2016 at 15:48.
Arianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2016, 02:11   #559
Parky12

Thomas on the Autogefuhl channel does some of the best reviews and he likes his Volvo's as well. Very good content and the comments are related to the video
XC60 15MY 181 SE AWD Savile Grey (previous)
Parky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2016, 23:05   #560
janusz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky12 View Post
Thomas on the Autogefuhl channel does some of the best reviews and he likes his Volvo's as well. Very good content and the comments are related to the video
Yupp, autogefuhl has a legendary status. Extremely good reviews.

Tags
bmw x3, porsche macan