Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General > 140/164 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

140/164 engines etc

Views : 5080

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 10:25   #1
Triple-S
How Old?

Default 140/164 engines etc

After a heavy week downsizing my spares have decided to get rid of a container load of B18/B20/B30 engines. They are the result of a decade of dismantling old Volvo's: they have all been dry-stored and handled with a hired fork truck. Most proved themselves as rotating (fingers in clutches etc - ouch!) but otherwise unknown.
Most are complete as removed from cars so include clutches, dizzies, carbs or injectors etc. There are also matching gearboxes (manual and auto), starters, plus front and rear axles. All must go so that container can be released: there are about two dozen of them - plus a 340 and Saab V4 engines from previous interests.
When asking at re-cyclers for skip hire the boss reckoned £40 each for 4-cylinder engines and £60 each for sixes. If you fetch your strong assistants, how about £30 and £50 each respectively? Axles and gearboxes all £25 each
BUT
you must collect from my secure storage area near Bognor, Sussex, and the fork truck is no longer available. A golden opportunity for your planned rebuild, for when the remainder get binned they will be gone for ever.
As usual, no guarantees and no dismantling on this site.

Paul
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 11:44   #2
mocambique-amazone
Master Member

This offer is a bargain Paul, and everybody knows.
Maybe a professional will buy all inclusive?
B20 engine you won't find for less than 400£
B18 are cheap here too
Front axles are between 100£ to 250£
Rear axles are the same, with LSD more than 600£
Gearboxes, you know M41 OD are more worth, M40 nothing, Autoboxes between 100£ and 500£, depends on version and condition.

If I wouldn't stay ~700miles and a expensive fairy away I would grab out my trailer and pick up as much as the tires will last.

Cheers, Kay
mocambique-amazone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mocambique-amazone For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 15:07   #3
Triple-S
How Old?

I appreciate what you say, Kay, but here in England there are so few owners of such cars that there is no incentive to rent a container for ages and fill it with non-moving iron - fact. The last B20 I sold was for £100; I bought a B20E injection engine two years back (with that rare big-valve head) for exactly the same money I'm now asking for it - and only because otherwise it would have gone into a dealers skip. A B30 I sold a few years back went into a boat - for just £100. Have a look in your area and see how much 6m long shipping containers cost to rent/transport - my accountant-friend says a no-brainer, so am beginning to agree with him now.
If you wanted the entire container-full I'd add the axles and gearboxes too, just so I have some space again!

Paul
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 15:41   #4
DWeed144

I'd be keen to come and pick up a gearbox with overdrive if you had one? Plus maybe a B20, because why not?
DWeed144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 16:46   #5
Triple-S
How Old?

D-W I think the gearboxes there are standard manuals or auto's (from memory) but I have a couple of O/D boxes for B20 engines at my home (in my huge shed here so not dumped in the snow!).
Currently my aim is to clear that container one way or the other, but you are welcome to look at its contents at some time. Not sure when going again yet but we can discuss: send a PM if interested.

P
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 04:12   #6
Pigeon
Volvo-loving biker

Definitely interested! And much appreciated!

I'm looking for a B30E, including manifolds, and preferably all the magic bits or at least the injectors. Also a late-model B30F head with the hardened valve seats (461288?) if you have such.

(If you haven't got a '30E, a '30F will do. Or failing that a '30A and HS6 SUs... but it's the E I'm really after.)

Also looking for a B30/BW35 bellhousing. I guess I can take the box as well if you don't want to split them.

I suppose an Aisin-Warner 4-speed is too recent for your collection?

I might be interested in a 3.31 axle as well, but I need to double-check what I've got at the moment first.

I need to sort out transport (inc. trailer) first, though, and I can't reasonably ask for that until the weather's sorted itself out, at least. Is that a problem for you?

Thanks!

Be kind to pigeons
Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 10:12   #7
Triple-S
How Old?

Pidge - yes I have a B30E with injectors and inlet manifold, but I don't think it had those two exhaust manifolds. Don't recall which gearboxes I have, but I may have the axle you want too - should have as I remember driving the car it all came from.
Agree re weather - no screaming rush. Come with some strong arms as, although the B30 engines are nearest the doors, nothing old-Volvo is light! PM me with future plans.

Paul
The Following User Says Thank You to Triple-S For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 14:56   #8
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Hi Paul,

I would be interested in taking a good chunk of them off your hands to make sure they are saved.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 15:15   #9
Triple-S
How Old?

I knew the Brace family would come up trumps! If I had the space and was a few years younger I'd keep them - not because I wanted them but once they are gone they are gone.
We are waiting for a bit of decent weather so individuals can arrange collection of what they want. Will give more owners a little while to emerge from hibernation (!), and Wales time to thaw before we discuss things. You can't have the container though - I rent this from my site landlord.
Thanks again.

Paul
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Triple-S For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 19:29   #10
kishor

Thumbs up Spares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-S View Post
I knew the Brace family would come up trumps! If I had the space and was a few years younger I'd keep them - not because I wanted them but once they are gone they are gone.
We are waiting for a bit of decent weather so individuals can arrange collection of what they want. Will give more owners a little while to emerge from hibernation (!), and Wales time to thaw before we discuss things. You can't have the container though - I rent this from my site landlord.
Thanks again.

Paul
Hi Paul
I am after a complete OD unit as I have an OD box but the od unit is faulty.
Would you also have 2 x front brake calipers and 2 x rear calipers for a 144.
Prices please
Ta
Kassie 07828879494
kishor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kishor For This Useful Post: