Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

19t part number???

Views : 798

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 6th, 2018, 17:04   #1
deeman940
Master Member

Default 19t part number???

Can someone possibly let me have the part number off of their Mitsubishi 19t turbo please? I can't seem to source one without this info as everyone wants the reg number which is irrelevant as I am upgrading...
Damo
deeman940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2018, 17:42   #2
Chooch84
940 Noob

Part numbers might be difficult to obtain and different due to the various combinations of compressor and turbine housings that the 19t CHRA are combined with.

Just search for "8601693" you'll find a 19t that goes to the S70/V70, but if you look for images of it and look at the turbine housings outlet you'll notice that it's angled.

If you want a turbine housing with a straight outlet (not conincal), then the easy and simple solution would be to look at the kinugawa site.

Just remember, if you're looking to keep the compressor housing in the same position as it is currently you will need to re-clock the housing, this will affect the acutator position.

Hope that helps!

16 BMW 330e

Last edited by Chooch84; Mar 6th, 2018 at 17:51. Reason: missing info
Chooch84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chooch84 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 6th, 2018, 19:09   #3
deeman940
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooch84 View Post
Part numbers might be difficult to obtain and different due to the various combinations of compressor and turbine housings that the 19t CHRA are combined with.

Just search for "8601693" you'll find a 19t that goes to the S70/V70, but if you look for images of it and look at the turbine housings outlet you'll notice that it's angled.

If you want a turbine housing with a straight outlet (not conincal), then the easy and simple solution would be to look at the kinugawa site.

Just remember, if you're looking to keep the compressor housing in the same position as it is currently you will need to re-clock the housing, this will affect the acutator position.

Hope that helps!
That should hopefully be enough T, nice one...
The Following User Says Thank You to deeman940 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 15:09   #4
deeman940
Master Member

Default confused....

I am a little confused about the exhaust housings.....
I have heard of people using 7cm angled housings....what is the difference between this and a straight outlet?
Is one for a regular downpipe, the other for a V band??
I don't know what I need...still having trouble finding a turbo...
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 17:05   #5
Chooch84
940 Noob

The angled flange is not a V band, it's basically the flange from the straight one, at an angle. The only thing thing the angled flange is that the downpipe will be routed a bit funky.

16 BMW 330e
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 20:38   #6
Chooch84
940 Noob

Just to add, basically you won't be able to use the stock downpipe with the angled housing, and it'll have mating issues with the straight housing.

16 BMW 330e
Old Mar 10th, 2018, 04:16   #7
deeman940
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooch84 View Post
Just to add, basically you won't be able to use the stock downpipe with the angled housing, and it'll have mating issues with the straight housing.
If I ever manage to get a turbo, I was always going to get a downpipe made. I just noticed that Classicswede does a 3"downpipe off the shelf,i am curious if this would mate up?

https://www.classicswede.co.uk/940_t..._18337088.aspx

makes for a cheap solution but I am still confused!!
So, I need a 19t with a straight outlet 3"??
Old Mar 10th, 2018, 13:16   #8
Chooch84
940 Noob

Classicswedes downpipe is for a conical turbo, you could get it modified to fit.

The largest straight turbine housing is 6cm, so you'll need a reducer to make it work, it might be worth speaking to T5Sweep to see if he can make a flange for you.

The angled outlet is 7cm and Kinugawa sell a flange for that, they also sell the 6cm straight turbine outlet.

If you can find a TD04HL-15G turbine outlet from a Volvo classicswedes downpipe and the stock one should bolt up to it.

I'll try finding a picture of my set up.

16 BMW 330e

Last edited by Chooch84; Mar 10th, 2018 at 13:21.
Old Mar 10th, 2018, 14:05   #9
Pete940
Ideal Volvo

The angled one isn't all that awkward, if that's all you can find.
Pete940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pete940 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 12th, 2018, 09:11   #10
lee4391

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman940 View Post
I am a little confused about the exhaust housings.....
I have heard of people using 7cm angled housings....what is the difference between this and a straight outlet?
Is one for a regular downpipe, the other for a V band??
I don't know what I need...still having trouble finding a turbo...
I'm using the 7cm angled housing on my 20T Damo, but i had a v band welded to to it to make it easier to remove. Had to have a custom down pipe made up as expected.

I wanted that particular housing as its a straight shot out from the turbine wheel and waste gate into the down pipe. Rather than the conical housing which massively shroud the turbine wheel.
lee4391 is offline   Reply With Quote