Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

As I wait for VoC Assistance AGAIN!

Views : 2834

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 11th, 2018, 15:47   #21
Jcbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
They do have branded Volvo Assist vans manned by Volvo technicians BUT they are only used during daytime hours. Overnight they use local, non-Volvo roadside assistance services.
By "daytime hours" do you also mean Mon-Fri only? I called about 1:45 in the afternoon and got a local guy. But it was a Saturday
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 19:15   #22
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbrown View Post
By "daytime hours" do you also mean Mon-Fri only? I called about 1:45 in the afternoon and got a local guy. But it was a Saturday
Nope, I've had a Volvo chap both on a Sunday and on a separate occasion on New Year's Day.

Interesting that you and others have had local guys in daytime. Maybe it depends on how busy they are whether a Volvo or a local chap is assigned?
techwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to techwatcher For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 19:35   #23
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Maybe it also depends on your area. I have definitely been told by VOC that my area's technician is only available 7am-7pm.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 22:45   #24
nphe

I had exactly the same issue last month in my MY18 XC60 It was out of hours so the car was hauled off to the dealer on a low loader.

They had no explanation for the fault and when I picked it up 2 days later they had just disconnected the battery as described in this thread.

Surprised there isn’t more comment on this issue - suspect it’s pretty common.
nphe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nphe For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 23:19   #25
Jcbrown

Dropped the S90 in today and picked up a V40 for up-to a week:
- Seat base being replaced under warrantee. it has developed a lump
- Investigating (2nd time) why pre-conditioning never works
- recalibrate PA2 sensors. Since the windscreen replacement under warrantee last month, it has started to weave, and even cross lane markings when PA2 activated.
- looking into charging circuit fault (which has not repeated itself)

Daughter took one look at bright red V40 and went "Urgghhh" - I tried to keep a straight face as I told her I was sick of the S90 and had swapped it for the V40. But the look on her face just made me laugh, so I could not keep it up
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 23:41   #26
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbrown View Post
Dropped the S90 in today and picked up a V40 for up-to a week:
- Seat base being replaced under warrantee. it has developed a lump
- Investigating (2nd time) why pre-conditioning never works
- recalibrate PA2 sensors. Since the windscreen replacement under warrantee last month, it has started to weave, and even cross lane markings when PA2 activated.
- looking into charging circuit fault (which has not repeated itself)

Daughter took one look at bright red V40 and went "Urgghhh" - I tried to keep a straight face as I told her I was sick of the S90 and had swapped it for the V40. But the look on her face just made me laugh, so I could not keep it up
Could be worse, years ago I was given a basic volvo 340 1.4ltr without power steering, I could hardly park it due to the stiff heavy steering, I used it once and left it until my car was ready to pick up. What were Volvo thinking of with that car.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 24th, 2018, 05:51   #27
Jcbrown

Update:

The dealer had my car for a week for a number of issues:

Charging fault
Apparently there is a TJ about this. Full CAN-bus s/w update was required

Lump on Extending cushion part of drivers seat
Part of the heating pad was not stuck down and had curled over. now stuck down

Parking climate on App reports it fails to start
This has failed 100% of the time for about 6 months now. Even though it reports failure it sometimes (maybe 1-in-4 times) does actually work, and we find the A/C blowing when we get in the car. I had mentioned it before and had been told it was sorted, had uninstalled and reinstalled App. But it still reported failure every time, though did actually work about 25% of the time.

Full CAN-bus s/w update appears to have sorted it. Used App at dealers and it reported success (and had worked when we got to the car ). Though next time I tried it, it reported it failed . Will keep an eye on it

PA2 had developed a "weave" following screen replacement the other month
Though the system had been calibrated, it was weaving in a lane, and even trying to cross lane markers. Was a chore to have to "fight" it, so had just stuck to Adaptive Cruise rather than PA2 on recent m/w jaunts.

System was recalibrated again. Not really had chance to test it on the way back. From the brief tests did try on the way home it appears ok, but will find out on next m/w run.
Old Mar 24th, 2018, 07:19   #28
BiggyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Could be worse, years ago I was given a basic volvo 340 1.4ltr without power steering, I could hardly park it due to the stiff heavy steering, I used it once and left it until my car was ready to pick up. What were Volvo thinking of with that car.
The key is complaining loudly enough. Mine went in for 2 weeks and a snotty email to the service manager copying in the sales director got me a replacement XC90. It was a 67 plate off the forecourt with 2k miles and the stickers and spec sheets in the glove box showing it was up at £45k