Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Latest Sensus software now ignores parking climate options

Views : 3742

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 19th, 2018, 22:00   #1
SpaceBoy42

Default Latest Sensus software now ignores parking climate options

So I have just had the 1 year service on a MY17 XC90 and it seems that if you go to the Parking Climate screen on the VOC App and try and "Start" parking climate, it comes on OK (Starts up the Aux heater in my case) but it now ignores the heated seat and heated steering wheel tick boxes in the Parking Climate screen in the car.

Before, when you started Parking Climate this way, the steering wheel and seat heat came on as per the tick boxes which is great. They don't now. However, they do come as per the tick boxes if you set parking climate as a timed event. Seems the software has gone backwards in this regard.
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 09:24   #2
ISW001

Default Parking Climate

Hello Space Boy
I too had the full 2.0 software update done recently as I had problems where the VOC App was not showing battery charge info
Still have no battery info but can say my Parking Climate still works as before including Heated Seat setting if ticked
Don't know about Heated Wheel as I don't have one.
ISW001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 12:14   #3
Deman77
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBoy42 View Post
So I have just had the 1 year service on a MY17 XC90 and it seems that if you go to the Parking Climate screen on the VOC App and try and "Start" parking climate, it comes on OK (Starts up the Aux heater in my case) but it now ignores the heated seat and heated steering wheel tick boxes in the Parking Climate screen in the car.

Before, when you started Parking Climate this way, the steering wheel and seat heat came on as per the tick boxes which is great. They don't now. However, they do come as per the tick boxes if you set parking climate as a timed event. Seems the software has gone backwards in this regard.
I don’t think this was ever the case. These should only come on with remote engine start, but not with parking climate.
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 14:04   #4
ISW001

Default Parking Climate

Mine have always come on as long as they are ticked in the car
Setup in the car then use the App to set timers and all works fine
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 14:13   #5
SpaceBoy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISW001 View Post
Mine have always come on as long as they are ticked in the car
Setup in the car then use the App to set timers and all works fine
Yes, it all still works fine with the timed events, it's just the "Start" now button in VOC on the Parking Climate page (or trying to start it now from within the car) that did work before for a year, but doesn't now I've had the software upgrade. Do you have the latest Sensus 2 on your car?

May try toggling the tick boxes on and off a bit and having another go. I notice when the upgrade was performed, all the tick boxes got set to off by default.
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 19:50   #6
Neil S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBoy42 View Post

I've had the update and it's exactly the same. Seats no longer heat up when using the app and they did before the update. I know it's not a major issue but they sell the car with these features and then take them away.
Neil S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 21:07   #7
BiggyG

Is this only if you have the Aux heater option?

I have none of the options you suggest. I only have remote start. When I opened the car after remote start it shows the heating system as off too, no heated seat or wheel, and no option in the app

Edit: Scratch that, found the setting screen on the car in Settings > Climate. Was looking in Settings > Communication > Volvo Oncall

Last edited by BiggyG; Mar 20th, 2018 at 21:10. Reason: Messed up!
BiggyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2018, 13:19   #8
ISW001

Default Heated Seats

Hello Space Boy
Yes you are correct
When starting Parking Climate from App heated seats no longer work even if ticked in Car Setting
Im sure it worked before
Old Mar 21st, 2018, 19:36   #9
BarryOnCaroline

After much tooing and froing with my dealer, Volvo have confirmed this is a software bug.

Volvo response below -

Hi, There's an ongoing problem with 17w46 software and preconditioning timers. They get rejected by the car as the car think it has a newer setting.* Clearing all the timers in the car works for a day or two but then it will most likely return. Setting the timers in the car or using directstart isn't effected so that is the recommended way to do it until the next software release.
BarryOnCaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2018, 10:26   #10
SpaceBoy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryOnCaroline View Post
After much tooing and froing with my dealer, Volvo have confirmed this is a software bug.

Volvo response below -

Hi, There's an ongoing problem with 17w46 software and preconditioning timers. They get rejected by the car as the car think it has a newer setting.* Clearing all the timers in the car works for a day or two but then it will most likely return. Setting the timers in the car or using directstart isn't effected so that is the recommended way to do it until the next software release.
So if "17w46" is the latest software release, we can confirm "directstart" is broken as well for the reasons stated above!! What a mess.