Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY2017 deliveries

Views : 6861

Replies : 81

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 21st, 2016, 11:45   #11
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
No, just double checked back in my email, I received the MY2017 price list and specification from a dealer on 30th March.

I know it was well into April before I could use the Volvo configurator for MY2017.

The order we finally placed was for a vehicle that the dealer had originally ordered on 16th March.

:wq
Ahhh right, what will you do if it arrives beginning of August? Wait for 66? That's what I intend to do...
mrlossyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2016, 12:10   #12
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
Ahhh right, what will you do if it arrives beginning of August? Wait for 66? That's what I intend to do...
Might do if that's the case, but very unlikely (I hope), its a D5 not T8 and I was told 'very early June' by my dealer a week ago. Also, MyVolvo is currently saying '3 weeks', and '6th - 17th June' for delivery.

familymangreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2016, 16:27   #13
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Might do if that's the case, but very unlikely (I hope), its a D5 not T8 and I was told 'very early June' by my dealer a week ago. Also, MyVolvo is currently saying '3 weeks', and '6th - 17th June' for delivery.

I ordered min three weeks ago, D5 rdesign and told mid Aug del. Ready for 66 plate delivery.. Happy with that..
mrlossyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 10:12   #14
Lozza
Events occur in real time

XC90 D5 Momentum MY17 with a fair few options ordered 21/3/16.

Was told by the dealer at that time 'end of June-early July'.

Then, the 'MyVolvo' web link started to suggest 'mid June'.

Now my dealer is suggesting 'end of May-very early June' (according to their portal even though the 'MyVolvo' link has stayed at a pretty steady ETA).

I hope he's right, can't wait!
2005 S40 2.0D SE (Sold)
Lozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 10:37   #15
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozza View Post
XC90 D5 Momentum MY17 with a fair few options ordered 21/3/16.

Was told by the dealer at that time 'end of June-early July'.

Then, the 'MyVolvo' web link started to suggest 'mid June'.

Now my dealer is suggesting 'end of May-very early June' (according to their portal even though the 'MyVolvo' link has stayed at a pretty steady ETA).

I hope he's right, can't wait!
Sounds very much like my order experience.

D5 Inscription (MY2017 PowerPulse), Osmium Grey with Charcoal & metal mesh inlays.
4 corner air
Xenium Pack
Family Pack
Winter Pack with HUD
Tow Bar
Apple CarPlay
Sub Woofer
Power Front Cushion Extensions

Ordered 31st March (but taking a dealer order slot placed on 16th March). Right from the start my dealer said they would hope to have the vehicle in the first half of June.

In the early days, MyVolvo suggested delivery from 20th June to 1st July. Then after the 8 weeks until delivery week (early May), it suddenly dropped to 5 weeks until delivery, and the dates change to 6th June to 21st June.

I popped into the dealer yesterday to drop off retention docs for my reg plate and he checked his latest paper work which now suggests they will receive the car on Friday 27th May!

Yesterday MyVolvo was still saying three weeks until delivery with the same dates of 6th - 21st June, but this morning it has changed to 2 weeks and 30th May to 10th June. Its also showing my vehicle as IN PRODUCTION now too!!

The original date for delivery which my dealer got back from the factory after confirming the order was 30th May, so I recon that the date people should be looking out for and taking the most notice of! MyVolvo get closer over time, but its a pretty rubbish and slow to update system!

Exciting time!

The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old May 22nd, 2016, 22:50   #16
GMTRB5

When does the expected delivery date generally become available on MyVolvo?

I ordered mine on 30 April - I've got the MyVolvo link all working but it just says 'ordered' as the status, and no expected delivery dates anywhere...

Does it appear closer to the time when it goes into production? I can't click on the 'in production' tab at the moment ..

Thanks
GMTRB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 23:17   #17
Lozza
Events occur in real time

Normally at the very first screen the site shows you, you will see an image of a car covered by a plain white cover. Over that is a count down number saying how many weeks to go and on the right, will be a proposed date of production/delivery.

I can still only click on the 'Ordered' tab, the others there don't give any info at this time.

Keep checking in and I'm sure more info will become available as time goes by.
Take some of it with a pinch of salt mind, dealers have rung customers before now to let them know their car has arrived and is sat in the showroom waiting, when the MyVolvo site still says 'Ordered' as a status...
2005 S40 2.0D SE (Sold)
Lozza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lozza For This Useful Post:
Old May 23rd, 2016, 08:07   #18
Deman77
Master Member

Allocated production slot time is usually pretty firm. If you are not told it's being pushed this close to it - you are fine. From then on it's a tidy timeline so dealer's indication is good. Mine was delivered a week earlier than the website indicated and inline with dealer projections. There is always a small chance of a hick up during transportation but very very small. We are just around the corner from Sweden and the seas are calm. The website is slow to update - mine was showing production and then just switched to contact dealer without improving timeline in between. 2 hours later I had an email that it's being prepped.

Reviews from those early deliveries please.
Deman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2016, 08:14   #19
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozza View Post
Normally at the very first screen the site shows you, you will see an image of a car covered by a plain white cover. Over that is a count down number saying how many weeks to go and on the right, will be a proposed date of production/delivery.

I can still only click on the 'Ordered' tab, the others there don't give any info at this time.

Keep checking in and I'm sure more info will become available as time goes by.
Take some of it with a pinch of salt mind, dealers have rung customers before now to let them know their car has arrived and is sat in the showroom waiting, when the MyVolvo site still says 'Ordered' as a status...
Clicking the Volvo logo at the top left of the page gets you back to this page too.

My order is STILL in production this morning and the delivery date has dropped back a week again!!!

As a software engineer myself, the whole order tracking thing doesn't seem a difficult problem to work with, Im surprised Volvo haven't managed to nail it!

Old May 23rd, 2016, 08:37   #20
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegGodt View Post
Believe me I am counting my lucky stars as well. Enjoy it while it lasts

However, on Speedswede I was reading there is a shortage of the linear walnut wood trim. I, on the other hand, ordered an amber interior with Birch wood. My (rather presumptuous) theory is that my slot was moved forward to fill-in the production line gaps.

Also, I think I was lucky with my dealer. I especially ordered at one slightly out of the way who claimed they had some early slots already reserved. I wasn't quite sure what to believe but they pulled through.

Have to say, when I went over to see it in person I was instantly blown away. It was even more beautiful than I thought it would be. I had been slightly concerned whether I should have gone with Inscription after all. But I chose Air and some other options and packages instead. Although I also think the Inscription looks spanking my car also looked fantastic. I love the piano black grill with the Volvo logo jumping out. Looks 'passively aggressive' against the magic blue colour. And the Birch wood looks very classy. So does the walnut mind you, but really they both look just great. I think - personal belief - that we are slightly preconditioned by marketing to believe that Walnut must be better. And since it is different we believe that. I don't want to generalise, just admitting how I often think and fall victim to promotions. Also I think the normal leather without the perforation holes also looks very smart in amber. I think the perforation holes look great on a charcoal interior.

You know, it's all personal. Just stating I am very happy with my choices and I hope everyone else is just as happy with their choices!
Magic Blue. Momentum. Non perforated amber leather. Good choices!
- MY17 V60 T4 Power Blue.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote