Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

LPG power loss

Views : 1088

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 11th, 2009, 09:59   #1
Paul-C

Default LPG power loss

Hello, forum readers, any LPG owners that could advise on this problem:
I have a 960 CD (1996 model) 150k 3ltr estate with a Tartarini LPG conversion kit I had fitted some 90k miles ago.
I gave the engine compartment its annual clean down the other day and I now don't have the LPG system working.
Fine on petrol, but too expensive to continue using.
The petrol / LPG change over switch light on the dashboard is not iluminated suggesting I have an electrical fault caused by cleaning the engine no doubt.
I have checked the cable connections from what I can see but I don't know the circuit so I am struggling.
Any advise would be appreciated
Paul-C
Paul-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 12:18   #2
Bhowani 2
Bhowani

Default Lpg

Paul

Go to Autogas 2000 in Thirsk! You are near enough in York. Capt Jack will no doubt tell you the same before long!

Bhowani
V70 FF LPG
Bhowani 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 12:48   #3
capt jack
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowani 2 View Post
Paul

Go to Autogas 2000 in Thirsk! You are near enough in York. Capt Jack will no doubt tell you the same before long!

Bhowani
V70 FF LPG
Capt Jack certainly will!! Autogas 2000 are the top dogs wotsits when it comes to LPG. They are Tartarini's official UK agents and importers.

There is also a new LPG convertor just opened for business on the main A19 between Deighton and Fulford. Don't know them at all cos I am an Autogas 2000 man through and through, but they are very close to you.

The other thing is that I'm in Selby, and I have the Tartarini system in my V70. My guess is that the only difference will be the number of injectors, otherwise the components will be identical. If you want to meet up I'll have a quick shuftie for you. You never know - I might be able to spot the problem!

Have you checked the fuse that's in the loom between the battery and the LPG ECU?

PM me and I'd be happy to meet up.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 19:54   #4
Paul-C

Default LPG problem

Thanks for the response Bhowani 2 and Capt Jack.
Having read your reply earlier (Bh 2) I rang Chris at Autogas and he gave me a number of pointers to check and also told me where the fuse was.
After checking these out and establishing the fuse was blown I went to Selby to obtain one (I have two cars neither carrying a 7.5 Amp fuse)
I now have power back but I have arranged to visit Autogas first thing tomorrow to get the computer re-programmed (lights on at the dashboard but will not change onto gas.)
As you said Capt J they were very helpful over the phone, talking through the problem. I did get a laugh when I told them about throwing water over the system
Paul-C
Paul-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 23:30   #5
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I give mine a good pressure wash every now and then!! Lol

Not caused a problem ever so far.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote