Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 First service coming up...

Views : 1538

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 7th, 2013, 21:18   #1
Capt Pugwash

Default XC60 First service coming up...

I am going to need to book my XC60 in to a dealer in either Nottingham or Derby for it's first service, I purchased the car from Doves in Burnley, who are very good so far, but 2 1/2 hours from home, so I need to find a decent local dealer...I have had a brief visit to Marshall's at Notts who appeared ok, but would welcome any advice on who to settle down with in the Notts Derby, South Yorks region...

Also I was not offered the "3 year service offer" (or I would have took it) when I bought the car, so I wonder what cost to expect for first service for a MY2013 62 plate ?
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 22:41   #2
Westyman
VOC Member

Though I can almost see Volvo Derby from my garden I have no experience of their service department. I've been in there twice for other things and have not impressed me so initially mine will go back to Birmingham for the 3 month inspection and probably first service.
Marshals at Top Valley had my V70 twice and it had to go back the day after its first service as they hadn't reset the sump oil level warning and they were still working on the car when I was due to collect at the next service.
1972 MG B GT
Westyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 11:12   #3
stu0710
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Pugwash View Post
I am going to need to book my XC60 in to a dealer in either Nottingham or Derby for it's first service, I purchased the car from Doves in Burnley, who are very good so far, but 2 1/2 hours from home, so I need to find a decent local dealer...I have had a brief visit to Marshall's at Notts who appeared ok, but would welcome any advice on who to settle down with in the Notts Derby, South Yorks region...

Also I was not offered the "3 year service offer" (or I would have took it) when I bought the car, so I wonder what cost to expect for first service for a MY2013 62 plate ?
I had my 18000 mile / 1 year service done at Tollbar Volvo in Warwick in 2011 £253.00 including £10.00 for a loan vehicle, which I didn't think was too bad? D3 R-Design manual. I bought my car from Marshall's in Grantham and they were very helpful, I couldn't vouch for their servicing dept though, as I use Tollbar.
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 11:19   #4
XC604Me

Default PCC Key - Batteries

Hi

If like me, you like value for money, tell them NOT, to change the silver oxide battery in your key, I got charged £9 (from memory, for the pair), when I had a service, when 4 x batteries were about £4...........

Live and learn....
XC604Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 17:04   #5
Westyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Pugwash View Post
I seem to recall this was an "offer" for personal purchases for cars ordered (or was it delivered) in June? I took up the 5 years for £500. With last services on the V70 being around the £300 mark I thought it seemed too good to be true and may yet be!!!
1972 MG B GT
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 17:55   #6
Capt Pugwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westyman View Post
I seem to recall this was an "offer" for personal purchases for cars ordered (or was it delivered) in June? I took up the 5 years for £500. With last services on the V70 being around the £300 mark I thought it seemed too good to be true and may yet be!!!
After finding a XC60 comparison chart for 1st service prices on a website...it looks like £280-£300 is the norm...

I would like to take my R Design in for service and have an my2014 SE LUX demonstrator for the day to know if I should be trading in on one at 30k miles...so hopefully Marshalls of Nottingham will oblige...
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 19:54   #7
Crockers
Premier Member

Are you a VOC member ? Some garasges give a 10% discount if you are.
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 07:23   #8
id5
Premier Member

£394.26 for a 18,000 mile service at Bell's in Northampton, parts, labour and VAT which from the quotes I got was about average for the area.

The bit that annoyed me afterwards was the lazy wash at the end where they only did the visible parts of the wheels really and couldn't be bothered with the removing the bugs from the front.

Lazy in one area could mean that they are lazy in other areas, I will hunt around for the next service, looking for better.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 11:09   #9
Crockers
Premier Member

I would feed that back to them...how can they improve without customer feedback.

We English are too easily afraid to complain and just go to another dealer hoping all will be better. A bit like restaurants - if the meal isnt up to standard and they come and ask is everything alright - if you answer yes (which most people would) how can they improve - they just lose a customer without knowing why.
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 12:46   #10
Westyman
VOC Member

On the other hand we Brits seem very good at complaining about anything and everything! But constructive feedback is to be welcomed, it always was when I was at work, and we then told the client what action we had taken. May be a lot of weasel words but we believe it made the client feel better.

But you are also right in that we often vote with our feet/wallet with no feedback too.
1972 MG B GT