Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problems with classicswede

Views : 41268

Replies : 149

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 15:19   #11
Thanatos
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Sure can do. I'll post up a tank plate photo.
any sign of the tank photos Dai Before you fit it to the car and the old one so i can check it against the certificate
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 19:55   #12
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
Can you post up the old one and the new one so I can cross match with the certificate that you signed to say this is a certified LPG installation.

Can do. Will take a bit of cleaning the paint off the old tank.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 20:26   #13
Thanatos
VOC Member

so when we going to see the photo of the new tank and plate as its been 16hrs and still no photo
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 23:16   #14
Thanatos
VOC Member

24hrs have passed and no photo of the new tank plate or markings since mike alder asked for it.

and james i didn't put on the original post about how Dai forgot to wire up the fuel gauge and has used rubber pipe and not petrol fuel grade rubber pipe to the new petrol tank.

so if you think that problems like that James should be done via pm then you are as bad as Dai and the rest of the ones who say keep it off a public forum as it spreads bad publicity but if it was a job on your car and it was a sham what would you do? i have asked politely for the certificates and ce markings on the tanks and got nothing back so for peoples safety i made this thread that i don't want to turn this into a slanging match.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 23:57   #15
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
so when we going to see the photo of the new tank and plate as its been 16hrs and still no photo
I think you will find that is was Mike who asked for a photo and not you and I will post the pictures in time.
Once tha tank is painted with the protective coating it needs for mounting under the car you will no longer be able to read the details clearly.

What I would like to know is are you saying that the likes of Stako and GZWM are selling un aproved tanks?
How could they have any benifit from doing that?
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 00:00   #16
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

It sounds like the tank manufacturer needs a very firm slap. Never heard of a tank leaking before, and it's not at all funny.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Sep 3rd, 2012 at 00:20. Reason: remove quote of deleted post
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 00:04   #17
Thanatos
VOC Member

Quote:
I think you will find that is was Mike who asked for a photo and not you and I will post the pictures in time.
Once tha tank is painted with the protective coating it needs for mounting under the car you will no longer be able to read the details clearly.

What I would like to know is are you saying that the likes of Stako and GZWM are selling un aproved tanks?
How could they have any benifit from doing that?
no i am not saying that i am just wanting to tally the certificate to the tank as the certificate i have here that you supplied says G2WM TANK and not GZWM so i want to confirm everything.

as they sell different grades of tanks automotive ones go kart ones and compressor tanls all different regulations
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 00:05   #18
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post

& as far as being a "Sidekick" .. No Not really but after spending all my working life in the Gas industry !
And was it you that fed him with the idea that LPG tanks should have presure gauge ? Why not give a couple of your local LPG conversion centres a call and ask them about it.

The story about being stoped by VOSA and told that the car should be fitted with a pressure gauge on the tank was a good one. CNG yes LPG no
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 00:08   #19
The Hooded Claw
Owner Volvovehiclesclub

Location: Choosing which Volvo to go out in Today !!! lex parsimoniae

Quote:
The story about being stoped by VOSA and told that the car should be fitted with a pressure gauge on the tank was a good one. CNG yes LPG no
Eh ?????? Not me mate NEVER EVER heard that story at all
1994 960 CD 3.0 Estate ("The Purple Monster")
VOC 25900 lex parsimoniae
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 00:08   #20
Thanatos
VOC Member

Quote:
And was it you that fed him with the idea that LPG tanks should have presure gauge ? Why not give a couple of your local LPG conversion centres a call and ask them about it.

no as my company car used to have the gauge thats why i asked and it was lpg and not cng
Closed Thread