Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

More major issues with LPG conversion from Classicswede ....

Views : 8742

Replies : 56

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2014, 15:09   #11
bongodave
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
I take it you read the HSE link that clearly shows that I am fully autherised to work on LPG systems. This has been covered before.

You are not registered with the official, governing body. Are you?

Hi Mr Wainright,

Thank you for your email and for bringing this to our attention. A look through our records has shown me that Classic Swede are not and have never been Approved Installers so I can confirm this to you.

I have had a look at their website and while this installer has nowhere advertised himself as an approved installer, if they are indeed informing customers that they are, this is something which we can look into.

I have forwarded your email onto my manager who deals with technical and safety issues.

If you or others would be able to provide any more specific information regarding specific incidents, and instances where they have posed as UKLPG Approved, this would be most helpful.

Best regards

Autogas Administration
UKLPG

I have screen printed this thread, and the other one where you messed up a car, blamed him, fitted cheaper parts etc etc etc.

I encourage anyone who has had unfortunate dealings with you to contact me so we can build a case.
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 15:13   #12
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

Dave

Dai has never claimed to be a member of uklpg. You are not a customer of his to our knowledge, what you do in your own time is your business but I'm telling you now to cease and desist with these threads on the forum or you will be removed.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cumbrianmale For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 15:21   #13
bongodave
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
Dave

Dai has never claimed to be a member of uklpg. You are not a customer of his to our knowledge, what you do in your own time is your business but I'm telling you now to cease and desist with these threads on the forum or you will be removed.
Please feel free. This will also be passed on. Dai (mate or not) has bodged aload of cars, upset a lot of people, took their money, blamed them for bodge and is both advocated and supported by the mods as an officialtrader on here.

All the relevant threads, comments (including yours) complaints etc have been scrprt and saved. Make no mistake I am not only going to authorities, but also making it clear virally, that this forum management is supporting crooked traders.

I would make assumptions about old-boy-networks, but the op of this thread, and others, have been messaged with clear evidence of what has transpired.

Feel free to remove me. I have the proof to hand now and your responses will only back my case. You encourage your members to be ripped-off, cars damaged and lied to. Shame on you!

Regards.

Dave.
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 15:39   #14
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

The owners of the cars have their own legal recourse and nowhere has anyone requested your assistance.

Dai is not advocated or supported by the forum, forum team nor the Volvo Owners Club. Dai was stripped of traders status last year, and is nothing more than an ordinary club member, before you arrived and is only still here as he has the right of reply to the threads regarding his work.

Feel free to copy any threads you choose to, make any assumptions you choose to, but be very careful not to slander nor libel either the club or forum as Dai, as explained, is not supported authorised or endorsed by the club or forum.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cumbrianmale For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 15:45   #15
k9plums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodave View Post
Copy of email sent to Autogas@uklpg.org TODAY 17/01/2014

May I suggest anyone else with complaints about this 'Installer' goes the same route and contacts above email, referencing this one. If Swede is doing everything as he claims, and is registered as he claims, there will be no problem. This is nota witch-hunt, simply ascertaining facts and making official checks.

Hi,

I am a member of a Volvo forum and a number of complaints have come to light about an LPG installer, claiming to be registered, doing unsafe work which has damaged vehicles and caused huge upset.

One individual who was acting on behalf of a Volvo owner this 'mechanic' installed LPG for actually died after a long, stressful battle.

The installers full details and website are below. I am confident the forum will comply with any inquiry into this chap, as he clearly needs investigating. The blame for his shoddy work and un-fit systems is always put back on to the client, who has paid in the thousands for what they thought was an approved job.

I will send a copy of ths mail to them so they know what is transpiring. If you could please keep me updated with what is happening I would be grateful. Any installer claiming to be working officially, and approved by you guys, yet carrying out work of this standard should surely be investigated thoroughly.

His webpage details with full contact:

http://www.classicswede.com/home.html

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you can act before more people are stung. These are certainly not isolated incidents.

Kind regards,

Dave Wainwright.
Am I missing something here, a member on this forum has fitted an lpg kit and the owner had a problem that stressed him so much that he died? not making light of anybody dying, but that seems a bit strong to put in an official email to someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to k9plums For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 16:06   #16
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

The vehicle owner is fine as far as I know but his friend who was a forum member and posted about it here sadly passed away. I don't know the circumstances surrounding it and won't speculate.

Unless Dave knows the individual personally the above is his speculation as to having any connection.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
The Following User Says Thank You to cumbrianmale For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 17:36   #17
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Dave has no connection to me and has never had any LPG work done by me.

Can we have Dave's irrelevant posts removed from this thread. So much of it is factually incorrect and has steered this topic away from the OP's questions and concerns. Please also feel free to remove my replies to Dave on this thread at the same time.

Perhaps someone who actually closely knew Peter (940Turbo) could confirm the circumstances of his death if we are going to continue down this path.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 19:12   #18
mollusk
VOC Member

Bongo Dave, ah! Bongo Dave.

Two weeks ago you posted a "heartfelt" story of your experiences on certain other forums and how you had been misunderstood and persecuted. I amongst others welcomed you!

Now, we see you gleefully involving yourself in the same type of witch hunts you alledge were directed at you. You are commenting on long standing cases of which you can have only a peripheral understanding (if you are who you say you are) yet you are eager to join the mob clamour.

I am not defending or accusing ClassicSwede (except to say he has personally done me no wrong) I will leave his case to those who are acquainted with the facts.

What, however, does disgust me me is the ease with which some will join the mob and cry "burn the Witch" - you, sir, would seem to fill that role - despite having claimed that you yourself suffered in the same way - you should know better and this forum deserves better.
You have been a member less than a month - have the courtesy to learn the facts and personalities behind the sagas before starting your own crusade.

My welcome, at least, is withdrawn!

Mollusk

Ps - if your self rightgeousness drives you to have a go at me - then feel free my little flower.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mollusk For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 20:42   #19
bongodave
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
Bongo Dave, ah! Bongo Dave.

Two weeks ago you posted a "heartfelt" story of your experiences on certain other forums and how you had been misunderstood and persecuted. I amongst others welcomed you!

Now, we see you gleefully involving yourself in the same type of witch hunts you alledge were directed at you. You are commenting on long standing cases of which you can have only a peripheral understanding (if you are who you say you are) yet you are eager to join the mob clamour.

I am not defending or accusing ClassicSwede (except to say he has personally done me no wrong) I will leave his case to those who are acquainted with the facts.

What, however, does disgust me me is the ease with which some will join the mob and cry "burn the Witch" - you, sir, would seem to fill that role - despite having claimed that you yourself suffered in the same way - you should know better and this forum deserves better.
You have been a member less than a month - have the courtesy to learn the facts and personalities behind the sagas before starting your own crusade.

My welcome, at least, is withdrawn!

Mollusk

Ps - if your self rightgeousness drives you to have a go at me - then feel free my little flower.
Clearly that's your right to see it that way.

When someone make 40 pages of excuses, mocks the guy who backed-up a user, started the thread and died. A guy who repeatedly and blatantly lies which evidence has shown, takes no responsibility, charges for one kit and fits a cheaper one.

Then finally lies to my face about being an approved fitter, only for the governing body to confirm they don't know him and will investigate.

To me, when each and every thing posted has solid evidence to back it up. When he has taken god knows how many for thousands and trys to manipulate way out.....

To me, this is a 'GOTCHA' expose, not a witch hunt at all. Personally, if I was ripped off, and the guy who did it finally was bought to book by the main body (Autogas) ten minutes after claiming to be a member (who doesn't issue certs which ruins insurance) and who's apallingly shoddy work was photographed for all to see AND was just generally being a kiniving crook.

If this person was bought to book after I had been had, then whoever did it would be thanked.

Still, as said, your perception and takes all sorts. Sure as hell was not a witch-hunt tho. Just bloody satisfying seeing the lies brought to book.
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 21:44   #20
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

That really doesn't read very well does it. Daves only been on here a short time and has already come to this conclusion. If what he thinks is right there is something very wrong happening on this forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve940estate For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
advice, classicswede, lpg, lpg conversion, volvo 240