Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General > 400 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Future Classic 440 for sale

Views : 8403

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 10:54   #21
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

'Gudgeonpin'

It is now my turn to apologise to you if my ill-considered use of the tern 'rant' offended your sensibilities. It was uncalled for and I could and should have used a more moderate term. I'm sorry.

However, I was unaware that we were engaging in a completion in this matter. I am happy for other forum members to judge for themselves, but I do not feel that comments like 'complete shed' and 'bitching' support your case.

Also, being uncertain as to the precise meaning of your abbreviation 'FFS', I consulted an online dictionary of abbreviations. If your meaning is indeed that indicated, I fail to see what relevance the term has in relation to the state of 'Icooney's' car's wheel arches. Furthermore, one really shouldn't use such language in a family orientated forum, now, should one?

It is both perverse and ironic that our exchange has brought the sale of 'Icooney's' car to a wider audience than might otherwise have been the case. At the time of writing, this thread had received 460 views!

Be honest, 'Gudgeonpin', absolutely; blunt too, if that is your chosen style, in offering advice to other members, but I'm sure that you will have more credibility if you also do so with respect and sensitivity towards both their cars and their feelings. Just my friendly advice to you which you are, of course, free to ignore.

In conclusion, therefore: given that we are both unlikely in the extreme to achieve common ground in this matter, and also that it is, in my view, the first sensible thing that you have said in a long tirade of verbal abuse and invective, I am happy to concur with your proposal to agree to differ.

PS - Sarcasm does not work on me!
john.wigley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 11:11   #22
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post

'Gudgeonpin'

..... being uncertain as to the precise meaning of your abbreviation 'FFS', I consulted an online dictionary of abbreviations.
Lol....!!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 11:55   #23
gudgeonpin
I've Been Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Lol....!!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Regards
Lmao

Old wiggers is bit of a card and no mistake , perhaps he should adopt the non de plume of roy cropper ...as he said if the cap fits....

Anyway wiggers glad we have agreed to disagree and one never knows as you say all this media attention to the shed in question not to mention the one your flogging for your granny may lead to sales...stranger things have happened .
gudgeonpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 18:15   #24
icooney
S60 T6 R-Design P*

Cool

Many thanks to all who commented, advice taken, 'insults' ignored, yes priced probably too high as not in a rush to sell - make me an offer yes 'pride and joy' (one of) so not going to give it away.

Just an observation...
I can't believe 'some' of you that are so opinionated waste so much time discussing my car - if you don't like or agree please give me your advice and comments - thank you, but don't harp on - leave the page!

S60R - MTE, 3" cust ex't, ITG, Aquamist + DDS3, Evolve springs, cust 3" CAI, Greddy Infro touch, Blitz Boost guage+Cust POD, QBM Strut, EST disks, EBC Yellow, SuperBlue fluid, '08 rear light conversion-tinted, IMIV, 12" Alpine sub+Amp, Parrot MKi9200
icooney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icooney For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 18:19   #25
icooney
S60 T6 R-Design P*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudgeonpin View Post
Perhaps your chum should have shown a little more respect himself than trying to pass of that piece of junk as a classic with a corresponding asking price to knowledgable forum members
And i can assure you i have said nothing here i would say to the sellers face had i been daft enough to have gone to look at the car based on his misdescription

Respect works both ways old boy ,As for you felling "hurt "by my observations ..man up please!
FYI I liked your comment 'to knowledgable forum members' check your join date then check mine!

S60R - MTE, 3" cust ex't, ITG, Aquamist + DDS3, Evolve springs, cust 3" CAI, Greddy Infro touch, Blitz Boost guage+Cust POD, QBM Strut, EST disks, EBC Yellow, SuperBlue fluid, '08 rear light conversion-tinted, IMIV, 12" Alpine sub+Amp, Parrot MKi9200
icooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 04:32   #26
gudgeonpin
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icooney View Post
FYI I liked your comment 'to knowledgable forum members' check your join date then check mine!

Fact remains your trying to flog a piece of old tat to fellow members as a classic ... not on old chap , best place to flog junk like that is ebay
Put a hundred quid reserve on it and someone will take it off your hands.

Last edited by gudgeonpin; Mar 9th, 2014 at 04:34.
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 22:55   #27
volvorocks
Rodney

Any thread that ends up at or involves Monty Python, Black Adder or Fawlty Towers is worthy of 5 stars in my book......
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 09:22   #28
volvoid
Monster Raving Loony

dont bother with a reserve just stick it on the bay and flog it. Even scrap dealers pay more than £100 to take away.
volvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvoid For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 09:40   #29
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

'Volvoid' Whilst you are indeed correct that even scrap dealers will pay more than £100 and take the car away - a Nottingham dealer, for example, has offered £140 to remove the car that I am attempting to sell on behalf of a friend.

However, whilst this might be acceptable in the case of an MOT failure, a serious mechanical problem or extensive corrosion, 'Icooney's' car does not fall into these categories and he has made it plain that he is, rightly, not going to 'give it away'.
john.wigley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 11:37   #30
gudgeonpin
I've Been Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
'Volvoid' Whilst you are indeed correct that even scrap dealers will pay more than £100 and take the car away - a Nottingham dealer, for example, has offered £140 to remove the car that I am attempting to sell on behalf of a friend.

However, whilst this might be acceptable in the case of an MOT failure, a serious mechanical problem or extensive corrosion, 'Icooney's' car does not fall into these categories and he has made it plain that he is, rightly, not going to 'give it away'.

It that case i fear the old shed will be blighting his driveway for years to come , Best option put it out of its misery and recycle the thing