Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Autodoc, parcel missing in action.....

Views : 5199

Replies : 69

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2021, 09:23   #21
eternal optimist
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIvolvo View Post
To be fair to them they are pretty good, I have used them many times before and know of others who use them. I like the access to a good selection of manufacturers of the same part and often find brands we don't get here which are better than some of the tat ECP and local factors sell.

I've never had an issue and once did get a refund on a small broken or wrong part (cannot remember what the issue was).

I'd say your issue is with the courier!
That’s exactly why I’ve used them in the past and will continue to do so unless it becomes completely uneconomic.
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eternal optimist For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 11:37   #22
DLM48
Master Member

I would NEVER AGAIN use Autodoc

Repairing my sons VW T4 Transporter I have had nothing but problems with them TRULY a NIGHTMARE This started in November 2020 and is still ongoing.

They supplied the wrong parts even though they were given full vehicle info and are now refusing to accept the wrong brake pads back even though they took the extra cost for returning parts

Communication with them takes DAYS and WEEKS IF you actually get a reply and even then it is a load of bollocks blaming you for ordering online and not calling them to confirm that what is on their web site is actually valid. Don't even try phoning them as you will be on hold for hours

YES they are cheaper than most but the cost in heartache and delays never mind financial is ASTRONOMICAL!!!

Now with BREX**** I can only imaging things woudl be 100 times worse.

IN all my many many years of repairing cars and buying parts online I have never experienced such bad service AVOID or dont be upset when you get horrendous customer service.
V70 Classic 2.4 20V sold on VoS FB page in a few hours
Present - C70 2.4 SE GearTronic - V70R AWD Prins II LPG 2.5 GearTronic
DLM48 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DLM48 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 14:06   #23
paddy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
[...]
Seems like when they do it right, all is good but when they get it wrong, they get it wrong with style!
This is the perfect answer. To order from them is a gamble. If you're willing to risk it, than you have a good chance of getting parts for a reasonable price. If you need parts in a reliable time frame, order somewhere else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paddy74 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 15:46   #24
oragex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy74 View Post
If you grow that fast, with this summs of money, you have to be very, very careful to not outrun yourself...
True. And then, there can also be management changes, from a good management team, to a careless one.. Nothing is constant, unfortunately
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 17:32   #25
oilit
All the gear - no idea

I have also had major issues with them on my first (and last) order.

I ordered beginning of January - no delivery and emailed to cancel the order as it hadn't shipped. Then they shipped it two days later for it to just sit at their courier - going nowhere.
I have involved my credit card company to get my money back as they are refusing - I suggest you do the same.

I would rather pay twice the price and get decent service tbh (not that they were half the price), and I assumed (stupidly) that they had stocks in the UK.

I used them as people on here had recommended them. Never again - I don't need the stress.

Last edited by oilit; Jan 18th, 2021 at 17:37.
oilit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oilit For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 17:39   #26
BlueRubber
VOC Member

I've ordered from them about 4 times.
Once the part I ordered, a cabin filter was sent for LHD car, I got a refund without too much trouble.
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 17:43   #27
Bashy
Aged Member

I wonder if this would be a case for the Trading Standards?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 17:56   #28
Simmy
Premier Member

forget auto doc get small parts like handbrake shoes from volvo dealer they always have them in stock . even though it says made in china on the box ha ha.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 10:03   #29
damageandy

They maybe cheap and fine if you don't mind what make parts you fit to your car.

If you want a certain brand then do not use them at all! You may think you got a great price on those lemforder arms, sachs shocks, febi top mounts etc etc, yeah until they turn up and they have sent you some no name crap and then you see they have changed the items order without asking you, then constantly act like they have done you a favour when you try and complain.

Garbage company avoid - id trust ebay sellers more.
damageandy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to damageandy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 12:04   #30
Bashy
Aged Member

Unbelievable, just got this email from them, considering tracking said its on route....

Quote:
we have good news for you! Your order 41113835 from 31.12.2020 5:11:56 has been packed few minutes ago in our logistic center and is now ready for dispatch to Weeting
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post: