Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo owners club insurance scheme via chris knott insurance

Views : 196429

Replies : 311

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 21st, 2016, 20:57   #201
Northmannia
VOC Member

well just given my details online, see if you can beat Footman on Classic car (1989 240)
Northmannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2016, 21:18   #202
RM955I
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLThor View Post
well just given my details online, see if you can beat Footman on Classic car (1989 240)
Let's hope you have better luck than me - I have a real issue with someone saying they tried to call when they clearly haven't, especially as the phone number is correct and clearly listed in the email.

Last edited by RM955I; Mar 21st, 2016 at 21:21.
RM955I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2016, 13:48   #203
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM955I View Post
Let's hope you have better luck than me - I have a real issue with someone saying they tried to call when they clearly haven't, especially as the phone number is correct and clearly listed in the email.
I'm not sure what message you received but your email quote request hadn't been given out yet when you posted on here so no-one would have known to call you. Are you sure it was us? Maybe you could PM me a copy of the message you received so we can get to the bottom of things. You should have received a call now though?

best,
Nick

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2016, 13:59   #204
RM955I
Premier Member

That's odd because I have an email (ref quote 12091) from the Sales & Renewals dept at 14:53 yesterday so yes, I did have an email BEFORE I posted.

No call as of 13.00 today.

Bottom line is I'll go elsewhere as it all sounds a bit disorganised.

Last edited by RM955I; Mar 22nd, 2016 at 14:22.
RM955I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2016, 15:08   #205
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Thanks for that info, very helpful. I checked a call request received from a forum member this morning assuming that was you. Apologies. I'm looking into what happened in your case now for my own interest.

best,
Nick

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
Old Mar 31st, 2016, 00:37   #206
bookerbill
Trader

Default hi

hi after reading all the threads , the company made a mistake , the guy has now gone so its been said ; we all make mistakes give them a chance theres enough bad feeling in the world so lets start afresh
bookerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bookerbill For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2016, 12:27   #207
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

It's amazing how many of the testimonials we receive start with the word "Just" - some examples of this month's feedback:

"Just bought my insurance with CKI, very competitive prices... Many Thanks." benv6, Z4 Forum

"Impressed with your super-efficient service today, instant docs by email and helpful staff. Better than the big boys!" @nsales_co_uk, Twitter

"Many thanks. Quick service and very competitive quote. Makes it easier when you speak to the same person again." rustynuts, Briskoda

"Just had my quote for the first time from CK. Could not beat my best comparison quote [initially] but were only £3 more than the cheapest. However once you take in to account all the free extras they threw in it beat Tesco bank hands down. They're calling back Tuesday morning to set it up. Very pleased, thankyou!" badake, Ford Galaxy Owners Club

"Just renewed with you guys today. Great price and policy cover. Thanks :-)" SpecBee, UK Legacy Forum

"Great service. Just a quick thanks to the guys at Chris Knott - Emma who I dealt with in particular for her work in getting my quote down to a price I'm very happy with. Best quote I've had for the second year running, great price for the level of cover and modifications on the vehicle. Top work!" AW_Dan, Baby BMW

"Just bought a new policy with you today, very pleased as came in 20 pound under the lowest comparison site quote. Will be trying you when I need insurance on the 4x4 and the girlfriend's car. Cheers!" Tricky5, BimmerForums

"Another new customer! Great service and knowledge, also beat my renewal and my cheapest online comparison quote. Cheers." ChrisG, Audi-Sport net

Thankfully in these examples "Just" means 'recently' rather than 'by a whisker' as we won't simply beat your alternative quotes by a pound - where we can we'll try to make it worth your while to go with our offering.

To request your quote please call us free on 0800 023 4374 and mention this forum's unique code (detailed in a previous post) to receive the full benefit.

Remember, if you call us during May for a quote on a car we don't yet insure you'll gain automatic entry in our Spring prize draw. Check out the 3 great prizes here - www.chrisknott.co.uk/rewards/2016/spring/ and get calling if your car insurance is due soon.

best,
Nick

VOC Insurance - the right choice for savings, service & support, the right choice for VOC/VOC forum members.

Old May 17th, 2016, 14:04   #208
ian2000t
Premier Member

Any changes in classic policy requirements yet? Can my 1990 760 Turbo diesel be insured on classic when used daily and kept on a driveway - not garaged?

1990 Volvo 760 GLE D24TIC ZF22 - 16psi, more fuel, Monark 293 nozzles, 40mm lower, Bilstein TCs, 24/19 ARBs, full Polybushed front, H&R spacers, 17" Titans. Running Veg oil/petrol mix.
Past: 1988 Volvo 740 B230E M46, 1991 Volvo 940 B230FB M47
ian2000t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2016, 14:07   #209
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Hi, at the moment that doesn't fit the true classic profile based on use and garaging but we haven't gone off the boil. It's still something we're trying to get insurers to move on.

N

Old May 17th, 2016, 14:34   #210
ian2000t
Premier Member

OK, it's still something I manage to get through any other Classic Insurance scheme.

1994 Mini - Highly modified (turbo conversion), unlimited miles (usually 8k), driveway, SDP+C, Agreed value - can insure through Footman James or Adrian Flux (whoever is cheapest).

1990 Volvo 760 - Driveway, unlimited miles (10k+), SDP+C, Agreed Value - insured through Footman James (multiple underwriter choices).

1972 Beetle - Driveway, unlimited miles (8-10k), SDP+C+Drive other cars, Agreed Value - can insure through Footman James or Adrian Flux (whoever is cheapest).

Your classic policies seem outdated, as I've not had these same problems with any other classic insurance schemes.

1990 Volvo 760 GLE D24TIC ZF22 - 16psi, more fuel, Monark 293 nozzles, 40mm lower, Bilstein TCs, 24/19 ARBs, full Polybushed front, H&R spacers, 17" Titans. Running Veg oil/petrol mix.
Past: 1988 Volvo 740 B230E M46, 1991 Volvo 940 B230FB M47
ian2000t is offline   Reply With Quote