Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

89 volvo 360 glt

Views : 1901

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2009, 11:43   #1
alexv

Default 89 volvo 360 glt

Model: Volvo 360 glt

Year: 1989

Mileage: 80678

Tax: 31/10/09

MOT: 14/05/10

Price: £650 ono
Px/swap: something small, cheap insurance, rat project??

Contact details: alexvasiliou@hotmail.co.uk
Pics:

Info:
Bought this car recently from an old lady who decided it was time to give up driving, it had a few faults such as the water pump, thermostat and electric windows were not working, all have since been replaced and now work. Comes with full Volvo service history up to 77k miles and every mot since until present
The car is in very good condition, engine seems to run very smoothly and has started every time first turn of the key, the bodywork has no rust that I can see and only a few minor car park dents & chips. The interior is like new with all electrical equipment working as far as I’m aware (except the stereo is missing the code).
Has all the optional extras you expect from a luxury Volvo, this being the top of the range glt model it also has the b200e red block engine.

Bad Points.
Tax runs out very soon, the car is not insured so cannot renew this.
There is slight paint bubble on the sunroof shown in the pic, and I have yet to get the sun roof to open, it seems just to be stiff.
The pics show one alloy is missing, it’s in the boot and needs to be pumped up or a new tyre, I’m not sure if its had it or not.
The boot struts don’t hold the boot open; the wood has worked well so far.
Like I said before I don’t know the radio code, it might be in the vast books and papers I got but haven’t looked.
Is missing a reverse lens and bulb as shown in the picture
Also missing the small grille behind the rear door on one side.
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 20:58   #2
tenpastnine

nice car, is that a micra on the drive behind? i thought it was a nova at 1st lol..

Good luck
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 21:10   #3
3centman
3centman

Beware of "seems just to be stiff" sunroof! What ever you do don`t try to open it unless you have a pair of the correct cables, which in my experience are less common than hens` teeth. It`s probably stiff because one of them has broken, consequently pulling on one cable makes the roof try to "crab" ie a rectangular sun roof is trying to turn itself into a parallelogram.If it`s currently watertight don`t open it!( I know..I did...)The cables are also handed, but if you can locate new ones get a pair (or 2)
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 11:22   #4
Kizzer
VOC Member

This has been sold now.

Mod/Admin please close
Closed Thread