Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General > V40/XC '12> Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 2013 Rear bumper tow eye cover

Views : 2809

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 8th, 2018, 15:00   #1
pastie321

Default V40 2013 Rear bumper tow eye cover

Hi,

First post so please be gentle!

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to obtain a replacement rear tow eye cover for a 2013 V40?

Have searched Google, EBay and the online parts suppliers to no avail. Is it the same part as for an S40?

Cheers.
pastie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 15:10   #2
steV50

Not the same part as for an S40.
You should be able to order one from your local Volvo dealer but I am not sure if it comes ready painted so you may need to get it painted or order an aerosol of the appropriate colour from the dealer and paint it yourself.
steV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 16:11   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steV50 View Post
Not the same part as for an S40.
You should be able to order one from your local Volvo dealer but I am not sure if it comes ready painted so you may need to get it painted or order an aerosol of the appropriate colour from the dealer and paint it yourself.
yes it comes in primer , the volvo aerosols make a superb job of paining, they come as a two can kit . paint which is dull and the 2 pack lacquer which brings it to life .
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 07:52   #4
pastie321

Thanks both for your responses. Was hoping I could find an OEM version through one of the generic parts suppliers but looks like i’ll have to bite the bullet and contact the main dealer. I’ll post the price quoted for future reference.

Cheers
pastie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2020, 11:55   #5
DriverDen

Default Front Tow Eye Cover for 2016 V40

I'm after a Tow Eye Cover also after the front one came off during a journey in my wife's 2016 V40.

I've had a quote from the main dealer which is pretty expensive for a 1 inch square bit of plastic. I see there are plain black ones on Ebay for around £6.

Is this the sort of thing you could get from a scrapyard or bodyshop? Either a car being broken up, or possibly if there is a other front impact damage meaning the front bumper is replaced but the tow eye is OK?
Previous - XC60 D5, 2 x V70, Santa Fe, Mondeo, Primera, Metro
DriverDen is offline   Reply With Quote