Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'89 Volvo 360GLT Red - For Sale

Views : 3746

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 16th, 2009, 10:07   #11
VND
Now with added T4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOMAN View Post
How soon would you need the car to be moved? I am extreemly interested in taking the whole lot.

Ian.
Go for it Ian.
Looks like a really good car, with a LOT of lovely goodies.
And it wont take much to bring up to excellent standard.
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 17:07   #12
AUTOMAN

Cool

Just got out of hospital and a nice red GLT would cheer me up no end after such a long stay in there. I can't get upto collect it for a few weeds though, but am willing to pay to seccure the sale. I used to live in Oldham, which would be ideal now, because Cardiff is over 230 miles away from the car.

I am also going to gently do a little work on my own 360's in the coming few days. I went out to the gl today to start it, as I just needed to hear the sound of that lovely engine, rather than the one of the air ambulance, which was the only engine I could hear in hospital.

Ian.
AUTOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 21:28   #13
Oovebei

Ambulance? what on earth happened? I hope it was not too serious!!

Moving is flexible, if you want a full run down on the bits and bobs on the car and other arrangements if you want her give me an e-mail. happy to let you know the full history and condition of the old girl.

Loathe to sell her but I figured it is for her own benefit, and if she gets off to a decent home I will be damn happy

oovebei@hotmail.co.uk

cheers

Last edited by Oovebei; Oct 16th, 2009 at 21:30.
Oovebei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 23:52   #14
AUTOMAN

Thanks for the reply, I will send you an e-mail tommorrow, as I am extremely interested.

Regarding the Air-Ambulance, I thank you for your concern, but it was not me in the helicoptor. What I meant was that after being in hospital for so long, it was nice to hear the engine of my volvo instead of the only other engine that I have heard being the Air-Ambulance, coming into land at the hospital to drop off some other poor sods, or on training runs. The volvo is a little quieter.

Kind Regards,

Ian.
Old Oct 20th, 2009, 09:06   #15
AUTOMAN

I have sent you the e-mail, sorry that it took a couple of days longer to do.

Ian.
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 00:28   #16
AUTOMAN

Well chaps I am hopeful of getting this car. I have had a good look around my 3-door 360's and both the GL and the GLT need quite a lot of work. As the GL needs the most, I have decided that I may have to strip that one in order to save the GLT and have loads of usefull spare parts. I will however still need a daily car, so this lovely Red 5-door seems like it would do the job nicely as there is not that much to do to put it on the road.

If however, somebody is willing to take on the GL to save, I would be more than happy for them to contact me. The only stipulation I have is that if I let that car go, it must be saved and not stripped for parts, as I can do that myself and get the advantage of storing everything just in case I may need bits in the future for my own cars.

PM me or email me at: ian-francis@live.co.uk

Ian.
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 22:49   #17
AUTOMAN

Well, after communication with the owner, I am so happy to say that I will be the new owner of this car and I am as pleased as punch. I can't wait to be able to get up to Rochdale to collect it. Then when I have done that, I can call into family in Oldham for a quick cup of tea and to show my new toy off.

When I get it back to Cardiff, I will have it on the road immediatly and use it as my daily car due to the demise of my gl. Oh happy days and when I go to Oldham at Christmas, I can call over to Rochdale and show the current owner the results of my efforts and hopefully gain his approval.

Oh happy days.