Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Views : 1396

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 18:38   #11
v50Dom
Happy Volvo Driver

Hello,

Had my v50 2.0 SE for a month now and it has been great. The rear park sensors are excellent. As already stated, the seats are very comfortable - I have just got back from a 1600 mile trip to the french Alps in mine and even after a day of driving and 700 miles later, I didn't feel like I had driven that mileage. The car and snow chains worked a treat. I have put some photos in my member's section (new to this forum, so I don't know how to link to it).

Cheers,
Dom
v50Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 12:46   #12
jamo

Default Another new member !!

I took delivery of V50 2.0D SE at beginning of January 2007; with Winterpack, sunroof and rear park assist ( for my wifes benefit, of course!!)

Choice of car was influenced by 4 years superb motoring in V40 1.8SE.

Following problems have arisen ... all minor ones admittedly but annoying in brand new car!!

1) with 42 miles on the clock ... a horrendous screeching came from front of car. Initially, I was following a Toyota pick up truck and assumed that was where the noise was coming from ; it wasn't until I turned off that I realised it was my car at fault!!
Volvo Direct was consulted and an RAC man appeared ( within 15 minutes ... he lived just down the road!!).
He asked what the fault was, gave a knowing nod and said .. "my father in-law has one of these .." ; whereupon he produced a screwdriver, prodded the near side brake disc shield and, lo and behold, out popped a 4 mm diameter stone. The same problem has arisen a further 3 times since then but has been resolved by judicious braking and reversing.

2) with 520 miles on the clock, the Ventilation system ceased to regulate and continuously pumped hot air into the car. I was about to consult the local dealership but decided to fiddle with the switches before embarking down that route. Turning 'ECC climate control' on and off several times and reducing the temperature setting to 'Lo' solved the problem. I assume that a sticking valve was to blame. ( it never happened on my Frogeye Sprite ... but that's another website !!)

3) at 1500 miles all my settings for door locking, home safe lighting, etc disappeared and had to be reset.

4) very annoying reflections of the dashboard top in the windscreen, particularly from the bulge over the instrument binnacle. This is despite trim colour being 'off black'. It looks as if I will have to invest in pair of polaroid sun glasses!!

On the positive side .. I've just completed a 600 mile round trip to Holland and am pleased with the motorway performance. It cruises effortlesly at 130 km/hr and returned 45 mpg ... which is pretty good for a new engine.

The main advantage is that my wife likes the car ... !!

Incidentally, has anyone fitted the 'egg box grill' from the S40 to a V50? The USA spec V50 seems to have this design ... and they look much better than the V70 clone grill that is currently fitted.

Alex
jamo is offline   Reply With Quote