Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fault Code 2585

Views : 24097

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:17   #1
stoneybeck

Unhappy Fault Code 2585

Hi all. Got an "engine system service needed" warning message the other day. Had a local garage plug in their diagnostic computer (non volvo) and it came up with the unhelpful message of "control module signal missing". It also had what I believe to be a Volvo fault code - 2585. Can anyone shed any light on which control unit and signal is being referenced here??
stoneybeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:36   #2
SonyVaio
VOC Member

I'm guessing you have a diesel?

If so the 2585 is a EOLYS fluid dosing error (tank probably empty!), this will mean your DPF is no longer being cleaned, it will continue to block, cause limp mode.

If you have had a DPF delete done then it hasn't been done correctly as the remap should have deleted the dosing too.

If you have not had a DPF delete and your EOLYS has been topped up then it may just be a case that the counter has not been reset so the vehicle thinks the tank is empty.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SonyVaio For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:47   #3
SonyVaio
VOC Member

From VIDA:

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) information ECM-2585

The diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored if the engine control module (ECM) receives a message on the controller area network (CAN) indicating that a fault has been registered in the additive dosing module (ADM). The fault affects the dosage of the additive for the main fuel tank (diesel). The engine control module (ECM) also transmits a request to the driver information module (DIM) via the central electronic module (CEM) to light the information lamp and display the relevant text message.
The diagnostic trouble code (DTC) can be diagnosed when the ignition is switched on.

Substitute value
  • None.

Possible source
  • Fault-trace the additive dosing module (ADM).

Fault symptom[s]
  • Administrative and Factory scheduled maintenance/Administrative and Factory scheduled maintenance
  • Control system, ignition and fuel supply/Readiness code not ready/Emissions Test (Smog check)
  • Text window and warning symbol/Yellow symbol and text message
  • Text window and warning symbol/Red symbol and text message
  • Text window and warning symbol/Text message
  • Warning lights and chimes/Other warning/chime problems
  • Warning lights and chimes/Malfunction Indicator Light ("Check engine" light) indication/no indication
  • Warning lights and chimes/Fuel level indication/no indication

Fault-tracing information

Information:

This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) cannot be erased before the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) in the additive dosing module (ADM) has been remedied and erased. First read off the diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) in the additive dosing module (ADM). Fault-trace and remedy as necessary. This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) can then be erased. For further information about this diagnostic trouble code (DTC), select Information, then DTC information.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 16:54   #4
stoneybeck

Default Fault Code 2585

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
I'm guessing you have a diesel?

If so the 2585 is a EOLYS fluid dosing error (tank probably empty!), this will mean your DPF is no longer being cleaned, it will continue to block, cause limp mode.

If you have had a DPF delete done then it hasn't been done correctly as the remap should have deleted the dosing too.

If you have not had a DPF delete and your EOLYS has been topped up then it may just be a case that the counter has not been reset so the vehicle thinks the tank is empty.

Thanks for this. It's more info than my Volvo dealer has ever given me, without wanting money in exchange!! I suppose it is naive to hope that the EOLYS tank is readily accessible under the bonnet & easily topped up?
stoneybeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 17:04   #5
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Have a look at this LINKY! post #4

It is easy, as you will see. The hard part will be you getting the counter reset as you'll need VIDA/DICE or a visit to a dealer. I'm sure there will be a member up Durham/Newcastle/Sunderland way with VIDA/DICE that can help you out.

Old Feb 26th, 2019, 21:21   #6
leegurr

Default Volvo S40 2010 1.6 has fault code A160

Volvo S40 2010 1.6 has fault code A160 aditive dosage module faulty signal can anybody help? Thanks
leegurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2022, 09:53   #7
gvickers

Default Fault Code 2585

Hi All, I've just had this delightful error popup on my dash today, I topped up the empty tank of EOLYS fluid about 16months ago which was pretty straight forward so assume I have this error due to the counter.

I don't suppose there are any members in the East Dorset area with VIDA/DICE which could help tell my 2009 V50 workhorse all is well??

Many Thanks
gvickers is offline   Reply With Quote