Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 drivers door lock

Views : 1031

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 25th, 2018, 17:15   #11
Andy c70

Thanks again,

I'll try them out over the next couple of weeks and see how it goes. I know what you mean about that part number, I've seen lock mechanisms on eBay ranging from £20 to £200 all apparently fit a C70 mk2 and different part numbers!

Andy
Andy c70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2018, 17:49   #12
phil1968
Master Member

WD40 worked for me. Anything along the same lines will do. I spray up into the latch mechanism once a year & it hasn't done the door popping open trick since. ACF-50 is a brilliant anti-corrosion spray (I use it on the motorcycle) but not so great as a lubricant I think you'll find

2008 C70 D5 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
phil1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2018, 13:22   #13
Andy c70

Hi everyone,

An update on the door lock.

I bought a used lock from EBay, part no.30753662,that had been taken from a C30 of the same year as my C70 for £18.00 (there are plenty on there). I went to a local Volvo independent guy who fitted it for £50. No more problem.

It would be a fiddly diy job and you would need the right tools but he didn't need to remove the window or the exeterior door handle, just the door card.

Hope this might help anyone trying to find out correct part numbers ect as this was just a straight swap from a C30.

Andy
Andy c70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy c70 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 5th, 2018, 15:37   #14
tarhoosier

I had this same problem under warranty and Volvo replaced both door latch mechanisms. Everything has been fine for three years so home free. What I did not realize for a year or two afterward was that the door alarm no longer operated. With top down when I reached in to unlock the door...nothing. Locks work, remote lock and alarm set works.
I do not care at this point. In my neighborhood alarms are a nuisance not an alert and my wife prefers to be able to sit in the car with the doors locked, top down and me in the store and not have to worry about alarm if she exits. And solving the safety problem was paramount.
tarhoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 22:14   #15
ex Triumph Man

Default C70 door latch

I too had a similar situation. The right hand interior light came on as well as the driver’s door jumping open on to the safety catch.
Spraying the door lock with WD40 did not in itself cure the issue. What I did was insert the WD40 tube in behind the interior door opening handle, known as the remote linkage in the industry and gave it a good spray.
That was about 3 weeks ago and touch wood, all seems well.

C70 D3 Solstice. 14700 miles.
ex Triumph Man is offline   Reply With Quote