Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Articles

Notices

850/x70 S1 Articles How to's and step by step guides on a specific repair or modification to a Volvo 850/70 car.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Keyless Entry Door Handles

Views : 6858

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 16:02   #1
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Default Keyless Entry Door Handles

I have this weekend finally got round to making my car "keyless entry" which although it sound flash is a easy, cheap mod and and makes my car a little different...i know ped has an n/s cover but having a boot i went the whole hog...
parts required
2 rear handles
2 fron handles
3 flat head screwdrivers
1 bottle of kiwi shoe polish in liquid form...

the transformation....

I purchased from twin turbo the hand sets although strictly speaking you only need the rears and you can use your existing fronts....

to remove the front handsets....
insert key into lock...
remove plastic cap on inside of door
insert long thin tool into barrel release hole, press, twist key slightly and remove barrel....

unscew the two retaining screws under the cover you previously removed and loosten the gold coloured door latch screws...
The handle can be removed with a little jiggery pokery..

The front and rear handles differ in manufacture which is why a simple swap is not an option...

On the rear set
With your flat head screwdivers inset two of them into both of the cover side resess' (easier to see on the bottom one)

CAREFULLY prise the plastic cover away on both sides and with your other screwdriver lever the cap away from the handle towards the front and the cap should slip off...the caps are prone to splitting so again be careful

On the front set...remove the cover which will tear as the cover fits down into the hole where the lock goes....

re-fit the cover from the rear handle onto the front......maybe add a little araldite but i did not...the cap should fit snugly and should not require and modification....

get an assistant (lol) to paint the new handles with two coats of liquid shoe polish....

As haynes would say re-fitting is the reverse.....

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jod T5 For This Useful Post: