Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo/ Volvo UK

Views : 532

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 15th, 2019, 23:38   #1
GrahamHR

Default Volvo/ Volvo UK

After posting on the low battery voltage topic in the V60 section, I got to wonder whether Volvo and Volvo UK actually read what is posted on this forum so they can learn and improve their customer service/ satisfaction ? I suspect not, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong!
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 12:09   #2
green van man
Premier Member

While they may they have had our money and given the ficle nature of customers are only intent in courting the new while accepting the lack of loyalty of the existing.

They may be better than others but ultimately it's the bottom line that counts and they have lost me as a customer as they no longer offer manual options on the v90, hence I shall never buy one.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 15:00   #3
Whippy
Premier Member

You'd be surprised, most marques scan the popular forums, instance, on the Audi forum a while back, chap bought a biturbo then chipped it and spammed the forums with 'how quick am I' posts. Stupid enough to post a pic with his reg. Got an email from Audi UK telling him his warranty on his power train wasn't worth the paper it was written on. It's a learning curve.
Whippy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Whippy For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 15:52   #4
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippy View Post
You'd be surprised, most marques scan the popular forums, instance, on the Audi forum a while back, chap bought a biturbo then chipped it and spammed the forums with 'how quick am I' posts. Stupid enough to post a pic with his reg. Got an email from Audi UK telling him his warranty on his power train wasn't worth the paper it was written on. It's a learning curve.
I do not doubt they will see any excuse to avoid liability, but is that customer service?
Like all manufacturefs, everything is fine untill it's not, then it's buyer beware.

My selekt warranty 100 point check failed to find the delaminating rear radius arm bushes and when it was found during the warrantee period I was told wear and tear not covered on a car that had 35,000 from new. In short not worth the paper it was written on. No help when an exhaust sensor failed putting the car into limp mode and costing £300 to rectify with only 68,000 miles on the car. They have made their money and care not as I will not buy new since I cannot dowe spec seats from leather to cloth. In short you can have what we give you or bugger off.

Sorry, not when it's my £35k

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 22:33   #5
GrahamHR

I too do not understand the fixation with only offering automatics. Also, how the availability of engine/ drivetrain combinations is so different in the UK compared to even elsewhere in the EU, so not a regulation/ approval issue.The UK is still part of the EU yet some countries get more choices.

We have had various Mazda 3 Sport cars since 2005; Mazda have become a "no option" supplier in the UK apart from colour., deleting standard features as time goes along. Not a comprehensive list but:
2005; Xenon headlamps, headlamp wash( legally required), one touch control on all windows, washer fluid warning lamp.
2011: all gone, not available in the UK. Reversing sensors added.
2012: aluminium trim on the centre console deleted.

My daughters special edition Mazda 2;
No heated seats ( not available, but standard on that model in Germany)
No heated front screen, lies by the dealer along the lines of Ford didn't own Mazda anymore, so they couldn't offer one)
No traction control.

The CX5; not available with the turbo petrol engine in any manual/ auto/ 2wd/ 4wd version in the UK. We won't be buying a Mazda again
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrahamHR For This Useful Post: