Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 aqua blades

Views : 2674

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 4th, 2019, 16:57   #1
Hogster

Default V60 aqua blades

EDIT: Sorry posted in the wrong forum - can an admin move this please?

Just got my first Volvo - a new V60, and I have a query about the aqua blades. Should the screen wash be "squirted" onto the screen through these, to form a foam (as it would do with a normal windscreen wash), or does it just pour on to the screen through the blades and therefore not create a foam? Mine appears to do the latter, both at the front and back. I have my 3 month check-up coming up and so wanted to check in case I need to highlight this. The windscreen wipers aren't actually clearing the window very well, so I'm going to get them to check this anyway.

Overall it's a lovely car - taking a bit of getting used to after driving various VAG cars for the last 10 years, but we're getting there.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Hogster; Jul 4th, 2019 at 17:01. Reason: Posted in wrong forum
Hogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 17:16   #2
Wizzpop
Master Member

I don't get any foaming, just wash water. Cleans well though
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 18:59   #3
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogster View Post
EDIT: Sorry posted in the wrong forum - can an admin move this please?

Just got my first Volvo - a new V60, and I have a query about the aqua blades. Should the screen wash be "squirted" onto the screen through these, to form a foam (as it would do with a normal windscreen wash), or does it just pour on to the screen through the blades and therefore not create a foam? Mine appears to do the latter, both at the front and back. I have my 3 month check-up coming up and so wanted to check in case I need to highlight this. The windscreen wipers aren't actually clearing the window very well, so I'm going to get them to check this anyway.

Overall it's a lovely car - taking a bit of getting used to after driving various VAG cars for the last 10 years, but we're getting there.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Forum, pleased that you are enjoying your new car - you are in the correct section of the Forum, the heading of models included hasn’t been updated yet to include the new V60 (and forthcoming S60).

The aqua blades should squirt the water from the washer bottle straight on to the screen and clear the whole swept area.

There have been reports from some Forum members of blockages in the aqua blades causing parts of the swept area to be left.

As you are coming up to your 3 month QAI, it will certainly be worth mentioning it to your Dealer.
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 19:00   #4
Hogster

Thanks for the reply and advice. I’ll make sure to mention it.

Cheers.
Old Jul 5th, 2019, 09:58   #5
roundyuk

The Aqua Blades on my V60 have been a PITA since day one :-(

They block too easily and you get areas of the screen with horrible streaks....and I've used Volvo fluid since the start.

I find removing them and blowing compressed air through them does the job of clearing them.
Old Jul 5th, 2019, 13:50   #6
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundyuk View Post
The Aqua Blades on my V60 have been a PITA since day one :-(

They block too easily and you get areas of the screen with horrible streaks....and I've used Volvo fluid since the start.

I find removing them and blowing compressed air through them does the job of clearing them.
Conversely I have never had a problem with mine.
Old Jul 5th, 2019, 17:14   #7
Hogster

Interesting. I will take a look. The car is going in to the dealer tomorrow so I'll see what they say.
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 09:33   #8
tanujdua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogster View Post
Interesting. I will take a look. The car is going in to the dealer tomorrow so I'll see what they say.
What did they say?
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 15:17   #9
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Mine have partially blocked as well, due to white deposits from the pipes which many people have had, long post on the site about this. Tried the air compressor fix but not managed to clear all the holes, will have to get it sorted at next service, snag is it’s 6 months away, hoping I can manage till then
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 09:29   #10
tanujdua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterdesign View Post
Mine have partially blocked as well, due to white deposits from the pipes which many people have had, long post on the site about this. Tried the air compressor fix but not managed to clear all the holes, will have to get it sorted at next service, snag is it’s 6 months away, hoping I can manage till then
My rear blade was blocked with, what they said was, white deposits...

So glad to hear that this is common.