Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear park Assist

Views : 2542

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 19th, 2010, 18:12   #1
Andy.S

Default Rear park Assist

Could someone help - Had the rear park assist service required message come up as i left rpa on when coupling up to my caravan not the first time this has happened when i took it to my local dealer who replaced the park assist module at a cost of £140.This time i checked the fuse in the n/s light cluster in the boot which had blown replace fuse still didnt work.Brought a working s/h module still not working.Do you have to clear the warning on the dash i.e reset the code first before it will work again.Any ideas?.
Andy.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 19:20   #2
BestGear
Master Member

Hi

If its a sensor, from my experience and that of others, replacing the duff one will clear the fault without intervention.

If you have swapped an actual module, I expect it would need coded to match the car, which is a deal jobbie or for someone with VIDA and an appropriate interface.

I doubt that just swapping the module would clear the fault... of course that does depend on the original fault finding to be accurate,..and that its not a sensor after all....which seems to be a very common failure.

David
BestGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 06:13   #3
Andy.S

Thxs for that david,I'm pretty sure it's the same fault as last time when my dealer replaced the PAM.But after checking the fuse this time it had blown,replaced fuse but still not working.I find it hard to believe that the module would pack in,but i have another one just in case.I'll see if i can get the message erased and see if it works.
Andy.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 11:29   #4
BestGear
Master Member

Hi Andy

I dont know if this would apply to your vehicle, but there was a recall for some park assist wiring from memory - I did not get it but some on here did.

I wonder if it was water ingress?

When I stripped the back end of mine to replace a sensor, the cable was in a sheath which retained water, but the connectors were certainly dry.

If the fault was water related, it could possibly blow a PAM fuse as the sensors used here are three wires, ie they are active and not just two wire ultrasonic "speakers".

David
BestGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 19:20   #5
NCS XC90

Hi,
I have changed the module myself when trying to find out what was up with my park assist, it was simpler to rule this out than take the bumper off as I had a full spare rear parking kit for the XC90. They are not coded to the car. However I unplugged mine whilst the ignition was on at one stage and this brought up the same message. I could not get rid of the message without it being reset (i.e. reconnecting the wire and setting it back to normal had no effect - message still present).
I have a spare module but don't think that would be any use to you. I think you just need it resetting now.
Neil
NCS XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote