Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New member-XC60 questions

Views : 1545

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 3rd, 2021, 21:00   #1
Zidane

Default New member-XC60 questions

Hello everyone.

I have just spent the weekend looking at SUV's to replace my Audi A4 and have decided I'd like the XC60. I'd seen GLC, X3, F-pace etc etc
So I'm in 2nd market for a 2018 R design D5 Powerpulse.

I'd be grateful if anyone can help with a few questions.

1) Is Android Auto standard? Dealer said not but can backfit at £350. I've never heard of backfilling it before, does that sound right?
2) I really want the 21 inch wheels but can't afford the R-design Pro. Has anyone fitted after market 20's or 21's that look similar to Volvo's?
3) Are there any big issues to be aware of? E.g the wheel crabbing problem on GLC's?

Any help appreciated.
Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2021, 21:05   #2
justj

I’ve just sold my 68 plate XC60. Android Auto wasn’t standard. Mine didn’t have it. Be careful with the 21” wheels. Many say it severely affects rise quality. Drive one with them first.
justj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2021, 21:19   #3
Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by justj View Post
I’ve just sold my 68 plate XC60. Android Auto wasn’t standard. Mine didn’t have it. Be careful with the 21” wheels. Many say it severely affects rise quality. Drive one with them first.
Thankyou
Old May 3rd, 2021, 21:27   #4
Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by justj View Post
How did you find the car, OK?
Old May 4th, 2021, 07:07   #5
Polestar Pete
Polestar

Yes, Android Auto (smartphone integration) can be retrofitted at a cost of £350 by Volvo. This works in exactly the same way as the factory fitted option. The only downside that it's tethered (you need to plug the phone into the USB socket for it to work). However, you can get wireless dongles that seem to work OK.

I have 21" rims and air suspension. The ride quality isn't terrible, but it of course depends on the surfaces you're driving on. I did a 150 mile trip over the weekend on motorways and A roads and it was absolutely fine. I do get a fair bit of tyre noise though. If you want the ultimate in comfort, got for 18 or 19s. 21s do look really nice, however (if you look at the side of my car that's not been curbed).

I haven't seen many problems mentioned with the D5, but then again if you look for problems on the internet, you're going to find them.

XC60 T8 R Design Pro
Polestar Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Polestar Pete For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2021, 20:56   #6
justj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
How did you find the car, OK?
Loved it. Only upgraded due to more kids and wanting more space!
justj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2021, 21:24   #7
Whiterdesign
Master Member

My only thoughts would be the power pulse problems that exists with blown hoses. There are loads of posts about this on this forum , do a search.
Old May 5th, 2021, 11:41   #8
Zidane

Yes, I had seen about blown powerpulse hoses and I'm not sure how widespread it is and if I need to be put off buying by the issue.

I'm looking at prices, everything seems to be quite high at present what with new car shortages as well.
Old May 5th, 2021, 12:33   #9
weemark

Well I've just blown my 3rd Powerpulse hose in 50k or so miles so take from that what you will
Old May 5th, 2021, 12:58   #10
Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemark View Post
Well I've just blown my 3rd Powerpulse hose in 50k or so miles so take from that what you will
Thanks for replying. Are volvo still replacing free of charge outside of warranty, assuming you are outside of warranty?

It seems like something I need guarantees on from dealer once the 12 month warranty expires.