Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Iphone contacts

Views : 835

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 27th, 2016, 10:04   #11
taz777
VOC Member

One other thing to check: see if the Exchange configuration can control which information it will add to contacts on your iPhone. By default it will add anyone you communicate with via Exchange email. There may be an option to restrict the auto-add the email app does into Contacts.
Old Oct 27th, 2016, 13:45   #12
wheelnut

Thanks for the help with this. Our Exchange configuration is done by our parent company in Switzerland. In my Outlook Options on my Pc is a checkbox which was on and automatically created Outlook Contacts for recipients that do not belong to an Outlook Adress Book.
I have exported my Contacts to Googlemail Contacts and cleaned them up so that I only see the ones which have phone numbers (which is what I want in the car) and then set my iPhone to only use the Contacts from Googlemail in Settings, Contacts, Accounts. That seems to work fine in the car. The only thing is that (unless I am missing something) if I add a new contact in Outlook on my PC, I also need to add it to my Googlemail contacts list.
2012 V70 Drive SE Lux, 2000 V70 SE2.4: 2000 V40 1.8SE: 1997 S70 2.0SE
Garage - Mercedes SLK & Honda CM400T
wheelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2016, 15:20   #13
taz777
VOC Member

I prefer manual control of my Contacts list on my iPhone (with Contacts managed via Gmail). Once you've got the bulk of your contacts sorted, it's an ad-hoc task that you won't have to do very often. I add contacts a couple of times a month via Gmail and also take the opportunity to remove contacts.

The reason I do this is that many social media apps will have a sniff of your contacts list and then decide who I may want to befriend on social media. Hence, I try to maintain the smallest Contacts list that I can get away with.