Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

LPG Ireland

Views : 3654

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 25th, 2014, 18:54   #1
The Thong
VOC Member

Default LPG Ireland

Can any of our Irish members help me out here? On the N7 round the Rathcoole area there's an LPG outlet opened up. If I'm not mistaken, he's flogging it for about 90c a litre. Anyone seen it or used it? I'm trying to find some LPG outlets that's reasonably priced. The fella in Kildare's bloody expensive at €1.55. Otherwise I'm running on full fat fuel.

TT
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 20:29   #2
The Thong
VOC Member

Found this

http://lpgdublin.com/index.php?optio...d=36&Itemid=37

TT
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 11:53   #3
Baffler
Premier Member

I don't have use for LPG so can't recommend any filling stations but here's a few additional links Google threw up:

http://ilpga.ie/autogas-outlets.php

http://www.mylpg.eu/stations/ireland/list

http://www.lpg.ie/ I think this is the place you're referring to. I believe it's located in/on the yard of the Black Church Inn. Following the N7 out of Dublin you will almost past the entrance to this place. When you start to see Johnston Logistics' building come into view on your right-hand side put out your left-hand indicator and start to slow down otherwise you'll overshoot the entrance due to the flow of traffic.

Hope this helps.

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 20:48   #4
The Thong
VOC Member

Cheers for that. There's a petrol station just off M7 sign posted for Portarlington. I remember the place because I used a hotel by there a few times. It's handy because the Outlaws live not far from there. Any LPG site info is useful.

That sounds like the place though, I might top up there on my way to the Midlands. The last three visits I've been running on petrol for the holiday because of lack of LPG sites. My next trip in is going to be much cheaper

TT
Old Feb 27th, 2014, 20:56   #5
warninglight
VOC Member

I assume you have the adaptor to hand! I stupidly forgot that I needed one the first time I went for a fill in the south. Luckily that station had one for Nordies like me!

That was in Bagenalstown, so not much use to you!

I never managed to find the one listed in Oranmore either, went into the filling station I thought it was and they thought I was American. Never heard of gas...

Past: 1997 S70 TDi, 1997 C70 T5 GT, 2003 V70 Bi-Fuel, 2000 Ph2 V70 2.5D, 1997 V70R Auto FWD, 1998 V70R Manual AWD, 2004 XC90 D5 G/T, 2005 S60 D5
warninglight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 19:40   #6
The Thong
VOC Member

My adaptor was delivered this morning. I'm going to print off the lists and keep em in the car. I usually gas up at Bangor before I get to the ferry port. That gives me 200 miles approx before I have to run on petrol. Problem solved now

TT
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 17:45   #7
Calahonda52

Am in south:
what adaptor do I need if I buy a UK converted car?
Where can it be got please?

Also, just called my insurers in Dublin RSA via 123 dot i.e. who won't cover it.

Anyone down south know who does, thanks

Last edited by Calahonda52; Apr 14th, 2014 at 19:41. Reason: insurance question
Calahonda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 21:06   #8
The Thong
VOC Member

This could be the one

http://egasuk.com/bayonet-onto-acme-info.html

It might be worth contacting the above and asking.

TT
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 21:12   #9
Calahonda52

Thanks, I will check with the nearest LPG outlet here tomorrow as I drive past one, it should be gas
Calahonda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:24   #10
warninglight
VOC Member

Aye it's this one you need, assuming you mean UK bayonet fitting on the car to fit the pumps in ROI. This is what I use from Tinley Tech

Acme-type filler adaptor - for use in Ireland, USA etc
Acme-type filler adaptor - for use in Ireland, USA etc

Price: £8.40 (Excluding VAT at 20%)

Quantity:

Acme-type filler adaptor - for use when visiting Ireland, USA, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg.

The Acme thread measures about 44mm externally and about 40mm internally.

Some Swiss filling stations use this type too.
The adaptor has a 22mm thread.

Past: 1997 S70 TDi, 1997 C70 T5 GT, 2003 V70 Bi-Fuel, 2000 Ph2 V70 2.5D, 1997 V70R Auto FWD, 1998 V70R Manual AWD, 2004 XC90 D5 G/T, 2005 S60 D5
warninglight is offline   Reply With Quote