Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 GLT Auto - Sale

Views : 1771

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 14th, 2009, 16:56   #1
minniemorris

Default 240 GLT Auto - Sale

With the need to cut back on overheads in the current state of economic affairs, it is with sadness and reluctance that I am advertising my Volvo for sale .

240 GLT Auto Estate – 2316cc – Petrol – 1989 – F-Reg

MOT & Tax to 27th & 28th Feb 09, respectively

Roughly 193,100 on the clock

Price: £350

Acquired: 25/02/07

3 previous owners, the last being my former neighbour who looked after his cars (he’d had this one for 10 years when I bought it and used it primarily for family holidays).

I have a small pack of documents relating to work carried out on the car over the years but it is not a comprehensive record (dates back to ’94). Owner’s manual is in the pack.

Belts and hoses replaced and full service carried out on purchase.

Mostly used for short trips and a few house moves and not regularly in the last 18 months, when I moved to London.

No serious structural or mechanical issues.

Gear box and engine are in good working condition – no problems in the 2 years that I’ve had it and no smoke.

Central locking except for front passenger door which now requires manual locking.

The headlight wipers still work, as do the rest and the rear window demister (but the rear wiper is a little fussy when turning it off).

Electric windows & side mirrors – all working.

Radio and cassette player with a nifty adaptor for an iPod.

Heated front seats; leather throughout with wear commensurate with the age of the car. Folding rear seats providing lots of space in the back, which has a clean, tidy carpet.

A small amount of moss around some of the window seals ~ this car used to live in the countryside!

A piece of the trim has come off the driver’s side, which I still have. Another superficial piece came off around the back bumper, which I don’t have.

Two light covers missing at the rear – one on each side (see pic).

Recently valeted, inside and out. Some marking on the paintwork on the roof and on the bonnet – apparently T-cut is required.

There is rust but nothing chronic for a car of this age.

The windscreen has come away slightly at the bottom on the passenger side but this has not posed any problems, even in the pouring rain!

Rear fuel pump was replaced about 18 months ago but there is still humming when the tank is near empty, which is probably attributable to the front pump! However, on researching this phenomenon prior to having the rear pump replaced, I read in the Volvo forum that this is suitably remedied by keeping the tank at least half full, which does work.

I have had to send my log book to the DVLA for reissue (was going to transfer to my husband but changed my mind) – I sent it 1st class recorded on 7th Jan – would need to wait for that before a transfer can take place.

Although I am not a serious motoring enthusiast, I do appreciate the value of the Volvo and will miss this ride when it’s gone!

A good home for this car would probably be with a tradesman or someone who needs a reliable run-around car.

Any takers ?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front - F-Reg - Small.jpg (370.3 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Side - F-Reg - Small.jpg (381.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg Boot - Small.jpg (103.2 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Front Seats - Small.jpg (384.9 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg Odometer - Small.jpg (374.3 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by minniemorris; Jan 14th, 2009 at 18:02. Reason: To add more pics!
minniemorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 21:56   #2
volvo360turbo

Hi, very interested in car, want a GLT to restore to add to me collection, just a few questions? wheres the rust? and i live in bristol but currantly on holiday and returning to heathrow on tuesday, would I be able to view tuesday late afternoon and the car be available to take if paid cash??
volvo360turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 23:01   #3
minniemorris

Hi

The rust is on the body, under the doors...a little around the windscreen (where it's come slightly loose).

As for selling before the papers come through, the answer is 'no', I'm afraid, and I say this from experience so, nothing personal.

I will post as soon as the docs arrive.

Thanks
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 13:40   #4
volvo360turbo

Ok thanks, the only reason why I asked tuesday was because im in the area, not sure if im prepared to travel from bristol for this one.

cheers Kev
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 14:04   #5
minniemorris

Thanks, Kev.

Sorry about that but I have had one too many bad experiences

Hope you find something else !
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 14:28   #6
volvo360turbo

No probs, just let me know when its actually for sale.

cheers Kev
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 18:07   #7
minniemorris

I have the log book now !!
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 00:40   #8
UKVolvoNut
Chief Rust Warrior

Default I'll call in the Morning.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll give you a call in the morning.
UKVolvoNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 01:24   #9
minniemorris

Great, thanks ! Probably best to call around 11 am
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 19:46   #10
minniemorris

Default Still for Sale

Hi, All,

This car is still available. I have received the updated log book so it's ready to go.

Thanks