Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Speed Camera Notifications

Views : 2442

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 4th, 2022, 09:53   #21
Franko1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
The average speed camera that was set up while long term road works were ongoing on the A19 in my area had a camera warning (and still does even though the work finished months ago and camera has gone, I suppose it will need someone to report the change and navigation map updated)
Has anyone noticed that the distance to speed camera is blanked on the HUD?
Distance shows on driver display but not the HUD. Only the icon shows on the HUD
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 20:06   #22
Tony H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian0803 View Post
Maps should be up to date as the car is brand new, no idea who is the map supplier.

Also no idea who supplies the BMW maps, which do have real time traffic info, however the speed camera warning system is a paid £20per annum add on for vehicles that have the more recent iDrive 7 versions. I found it works very well.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/shop/ls/dp/Base_Safetycam_gb
The point I was getting at is that Volvo aren't responsible for the map data, it is contracted out.

Just because a car is new doesn't mean the maps have been updated recently.
Tony H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 12:09   #23
OldEngineer

Let's keep it to the Tech Failure rather than the preachers.

So. The M25 between Leatherhead and Reigate is missing from the Map (and therefore the warning). There are two sites Anti Clockwise and one site clock wise. They have been missing in the last two updates.

It would be good to know who to report it to?
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 13:03   #24
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEngineer View Post
Let's keep it to the Tech Failure rather than the preachers.

So. The M25 between Leatherhead and Reigate is missing from the Map (and therefore the warning). There are two sites Anti Clockwise and one site clock wise. They have been missing in the last two updates.

It would be good to know who to report it to?
If you report to Volvo UK it goes to Customer relations who, if asked, will pass it on to the relevant department. Map data, or pointing out any lack of, I believe is sent on to the Product Manager as I have recently sent in a Google Map missing data query ( as well as steering wheel controls request for re implementation of cruise/pilot assist toggle and improved radio/stereo control ). Though certain aspects of Google Maps are in the hands of Google themselves but you could ask them to raise the missing data with Google directly. Email here - custcare@volvocars.com and you will receive a response from a member of the Digital Support Team initially.
Fibrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 13:46   #25
OldEngineer

Done...

Can you report to the appropriate designer that some Speed Cameras are missing on the last two updates?
These are on the M25 between Junctions 8 & 9 on both carriageways. The camera symbol is missing so no alert is generated.
Nearest What3Words lime.blame.votes for both carriageways.
And purple.soaks.hills for anti clockwise.