Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking for specific pic of R-design

Views : 1023

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2011, 10:02   #1
Karoshio

Default Looking for specific pic of R-design

Hi,

My first post on this forum and I must admit it's one of the most active XC90 communities out on the web.

Have read a lot of posts and how to's on this forum and can't wait to try them out on mine.
I've ordered a XC90 R-design due to arrive early april.

Well on to my question:
Does anyone have a picture of a R-design spec car with the genuine detachable tow bar installed?
I can't figure out whether it will be annoyingly visible in the middle of the magnificant twin 4 tip exhaust.
I saw a Westfalia install which is invisible on the car so I could try to exchange the volvo one with a westfalia one if it's so visible.

Hope someone can help me. Would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Karoshio; Jan 26th, 2011 at 12:52.
Karoshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 19:35   #2
Britsud
Anycolouraslongasitsblack

Talking

its visible and does not look as neat as the westfalia {think I spelt that right) version. Someone did a how to fit on here a while back and it looked real neat. All you need is the wiring harness and it still plug and go.
2008my xc90 sport,Polestar 205bhp, Flip down DVD, Full intergrated phone volvo on call, RTI Satnav full post code, privacy glass, Winter pack, Family pack, calcite soft leather, .Bi-xenon active headlights, Brembo discs Redstuff Pads.

Last edited by Britsud; Jan 26th, 2011 at 19:55.
Britsud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 08:35   #3
peterfoxy7

Smile XC90 Tow Bar R design. Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karoshio View Post
Hi,

My first post on this forum and I must admit it's one of the most active XC90 communities out on the web.

Have read a lot of posts and how to's on this forum and can't wait to try them out on mine.
I've ordered a XC90 R-design due to arrive early april.

Well on to my question:
Does anyone have a picture of a R-design spec car with the genuine detachable tow bar installed?
I can't figure out whether it will be annoyingly visible in the middle of the magnificant twin 4 tip exhaust.
I saw a Westfalia install which is invisible on the car so I could try to exchange the volvo one with a westfalia one if it's so visible.

Hope someone can help me. Would be greatly appreciated.
I had the tow bar man around last weekend to fit a Westfilia detachable tow bar on my 59 plate R design XC90. After a few hours he said he could not fit as the twin exhausts would not go back into place once the bar was fitted. I am still searching and would prefer for it to be invisible once removed. ANy help
peterfoxy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 09:32   #4
Coconut
Older than Junior Member

Try phoning round a few tow bar companies and asking their advice -
Just by doing a quick "Google" search I found a company ( no affilliation ) advertising a removable "Towbar for Volvo XC90 (Inc R-Design)" :

http://www.towbars-uk.co.uk/product/...nc-r-design%29

The fitting instructions viewable on line don't mention the twin exhaust set up of the R-Design,
but they have a Freephone number so it won't cost anything to ask :-)

2008 XC90 D5 Executive, Sandstone Beige Leather, Active Bi-Xenons, Electric Sun Roof, Roof rails, Climate Control, Twin electric front heated seats, Volvo DTi, Full integrated phone, Westfalia Tow Bar....
Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 09:33   #5
peterfoxy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
Try phoning round a few tow bar companies and asking their advice -
Just by doing a quick "Google" search I found a company ( no affilliation ) advertising a removable "Towbar for Volvo XC90 (Inc R-Design)" :

http://www.towbars-uk.co.uk/product/...nc-r-design%29

The fitting instructions viewable on line don't mention the twin exhaust set up of the R-Design,
but they have a Freephone number so it won't cost anything to ask :-)

Many thanks! I will do that.
peterfoxy7 is offline   Reply With Quote